INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.27 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 7130 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.27 Beta -- Available Here
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:07:40 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170027.exe

17.0.27 (11/1/2011)

1. Fixed: If audio failed to open (sound card disconnected, etc.) when starting a video, it could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Switched the default amount of buffering for DirectSound to 250ms from 500ms (works better with DVD and some other video sources).
3. NEW: DSP Studio > Output Format allows setting a different output sample rate for each input sample rate.
4. Fixed: Flick scrolling was not working properly in Theater View.
5. Fixed: Cover art lookup could stop working after the first 20 albums.
6. Fixed: Recording of certain TV channels in jtv format would not play correctly (stalled until a seek operation was performed).
7. Fixed: Center-focused JRSS up-mixing was not engaging properly for some video content.
8. Changed: Added more Media Network shutdown logging to help troubleshoot a hang switching libraries.

17.0.26 (10/31/2011)

1. Changed: Display setting changing resolution options in Options > Video are disabled until display setting changing is enabled.
2. Fixed: M4A tagging was not working (only applies to last few builds).
3. Faster: Improved performance of M4A tagging.
4. Fixed: The "clickfree" automatic backup device would cause Media Center to crash.
5. Fixed: Workaround for VirtualBox system timer bug that could cause various problems in Media Center.
6. NEW: Reworked Theater View's presentation engine so that it's less likely to spend time waiting on vsyncs and works better at low refresh rates.
7. NEW: Added the ability to apply volume levelling and other DSP when converting files for use on a handheld.
8. Fixed: SUB+IDX subtitles with multiple languages in the IDX were not working properly.

17.0.25 (10/28/2011)

1. Fixed: Configuring multiple Google or Weather.com weather locations did not work properly.
2. Fixed: The bitrate would not be imported for M4A files.
3. NEW: Added the ability to specify a separate A/V sync correction for 24 Hz than for other refresh rates (A/V sync correction requires using the JRiver audio engine).
4. NEW: Added an expression function FixSpacing(...) to convert camel case to normal spacing.  OneWord becomes One Word
5. Fixed: Text rendering in some areas of the program could appear blurry on Windows XP.
6. Fixed: Mouse wheel scrolling in the Theater View television grid didn't work.
7. Changed: Theater View mouse wheel scrolling works more like grab-n-drag or flick scrolling in that it can show partial items.
8. NEW: Added support for 3d .jps images (thumbnails and image playback only show the left eye image).

17.0.24 (10/27/2011)

1. Changed: Revised how the file system manager tracks UNC drives to work better with VMWare shares.
2. Fixed: While a blu-ray disc was ripping, some other actions, such as menu display were very slow.
3. Fixed: Log files were getting extremely large when certain blu-ray discs were analyzed by MC.
4. NEW: Theater View weather can use NOAA or Google Weather as data sources.
5. NEW: Theater View weather supports any number of user configurable locations.
6. NEW: Locate on Disk will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
7. NEW: Send To will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
8. Fixed: The option to show fanned thumbnails did not work in artist or series views.
9. Changed: Improved graph-building for Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.
10. NEW: Tag on Import -- when importing a folder or adding a folder to auto-import, tags can be applied to new files found in the folder (including full support for tag values built with expressions).
11. Changed: Audio line info for analog video capture channels is saved to registry on per video line basis so it is not necessary to redo audio line configuration each time a different video input channel is played.
12. Fixed: A faint 'There are no items to display.' could appear in the background of Theater View.
13. NEW: The font for text-based subtitles can be selected in Options > Video > Subtitles & Language.

17.0.23 (10/25/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.77.
2. NEW: Artist and series images work on a Library Server client (they will only work on a client after using the images at least once on the server).
3. Changed: When connecting to a Library Server where the zones haven't been given friendly names, 'There: Here' will be displayed as simply 'There'.
4. Changed: Improved how drag-n-drop works on a Library Server client when it can find files directly.
5. Fixed: mymovies.xml files weren't working properly for Blu-ray titles.

17.0.22 (10/24/2011)

1. NEW: MC supports Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.  Untested.  Please test and report problems.
2. Fixed: Auto-import engine better handles ripped Blu-rays (previously it would log too much and unnecessarily analyze movies that were already imported).
3. Faster: Blu-ray anaylzer is about 5x faster (playback starts faster, and import happens faster).
5. NEW: Native MP4 plugin supports local raw AAC files.
6. Changed: Added logging to help troubleshoot UNC files being unreachable on some machines.
7. Fixed: Some previous TV recordings (jtv) would not play in MC17.
8. Fixed: Toggling list styles in Theater View no longer rolls through the TV grid style unless the view contains only television guide items.
9. Changed: Theater View says 'There are no items to display.' when viewing an empty file list.
10. Fixed: When the guide was empty in Theater View, it would draw an orphaned column header with no text.
11. Fixed: Selecting a subtitle for non-DVD playback could crash.
12. NEW: When deleting a video, a sidecar .EDL file with the same name will also be deleted.

17.0.21 (10/21/2011)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.76.
2. Faster: When starting Play Doctor, playback will begin immediately while the prescription is filled in a background thread.
3. Fixed: Pushing to a DLNA device could dead-lock at the end of a track.
4. Fixed: DVD playback over library server had poor video quality on some content.
5. Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, the UI would not update nicely for playback state changes.
6. NEW: On a Library Server client, dragging will allow dragging files to other programs if the file can be found through a UNC path or mapped drive.

17.0.20 (10/19/2011)

1. Changed: Media Center 17 no longer honors a Media Center 16 license.
2. NEW: Live TV uses custom madVR overlay drawing so the OSD will not change the display from exclusive mode to windowed mode.
3. Changed: Added 'Disk' to the Theater View default image and video views.
4. Changed: MC ignores some MP4/MOV atoms that have names that coincide with Apple iTunes metadata atoms but written in formats different from iTunes data.
5. NEW: Sidecar subtitles are supported when watching a ripped DVD.

17.0.19 (10/15/2011)

1. Fixed: Importing files could crash.
2. Changed: Small change to the Theater View fade-in animation time used in lists.

17.0.18 (10/14/2011)

1. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in some cases (only applies to the last few builds).
2. Changed: Thumbnailing honors the playback range of a video.
3. Changed: Video thumbnailing uses PNG instead of JPEG for data interchange for slightly better quality.
4. Fixed: Image rotation and edits were not being honored at playback time.
5. Changed: Play Doctor better handles the case where it's seeded with a single song that's an artist's only song in the library.
6. Changed: Windows 7 taskbar button for MC now shows the currently playing track in the tooltip.
7. Fixed: Video thumbnails could grab from the beginning of a file instead of at the configured time.

sunfire7

Re: Media Center 17.0.27 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

possible bug: remove tags function is not removing the tags

6. NEW: Locate on Disk will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
7. NEW: Send To will work with a library server client if the client can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive).
My files are accesible from the network, but can't get this to work.  What do you mean with can directly access the files (through UNC or a mapped drive), can you provide an example for this?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

dmm

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:04:37 pm »

3. NEW: DSP Studio > Output Format allows setting a different output sample rate for each input sample rate.

nice feature.  But can you add logic to NOT upsample if the file type is AC3 or DTS?  We don't want to resample bitstreaming files.  The combo of your new feature and the bitstreaming file type check would make this feature set it and forget it.  Which is something I have been hoping for since MC15.

joloipcus

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:42:07 pm »

Greetings, new to the forums so forgive me in advance if I sound like a tool. Specific issue I've had, which doesn't appear to be addressed with 17, and is persistent from previous versions. When I use the start page to browse to di.fm (let's be honest it's the best online digital audio pretty much ever...) and I browse to say vocal trance, it pops up the screen "connected media"  and has the check boxes; play media(yeah duh?) Add Media  to Web Media - here is the problem. When I check that box, the media is added to the general library, making it easy to find next time but when I sync the iPod it attempts to download the  stream and push it to the iPod. Without having to pull some jedi playlist/syncing moves can we make the "web media" not automatically be part of the general local or local network library?

Thanks and cheers!

oh and I know it's not jriver's realm, but I would love to rock Minneapolis based dj software... make that VJ software... maybe in the future?
Christofer of St. Cloud.

thmpi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:46 am »

windows not responding error when trying to install MC17 - tried rebooting twice, tried leaving it for 20mins in case it was just slow but in all 3 attempts had to kill the process in task mgr.

I have Win 7 64 OS

Thought I would report it here as MC15 & MC16 i had no probs at all

Should i un-install MC 16 and install MC17 ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:16:12 am »

windows not responding error when trying to install MC17 - tried rebooting twice, tried leaving it for 20mins in case it was just slow but in all 3 attempts had to kill the process in task mgr.

I have Win 7 64 OS

Thought I would report it here as MC15 & MC16 i had no probs at all

Should i un-install MC 16 and install MC17 ?
Maybe UAC?  Or some other security program.  Uninstalling MC16 isn't necessary.  Please start a thread if you can't solve it.

rodsaw

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:26:57 pm »

Media center crashes after about 10 seconds.  This error is in the application log:
Faulting application media center 17.exe, version 17.0.27.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x00036822.

Edit:
I uninstalled MJ14 and MC17, rebooted and installed MC17, and it fixed the problem.

)p(

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:12:38 am »

I noticed in mc17 when using lineup with mediasubtype tvshow only one thumbnail is shown. Any other mediasubtype still works as expected and will display a row of thumbnails when available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up