INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grant: Audio not playing  (Read 1070 times)

Grant

• Recent member
Grant: Audio not playing
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »

Just jumped from MC 12 to 17. For a while now my audio does NOT play when I open the program. Have to close it and reopen every time. Figured MC17 would fix this but no dice. Any idea how to solve that? Library points to Z:, a networked "virtual" drive which redirects in case that matters. Worked fine that way a long time and then this bug turned up.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Grant: Audio not playing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:41:07 am »

Thanks for the log.

I see us start playing Z:\Muddy Waters\Golden Anniversary Collection (disc 2)\Long Distance Call.mp3, and then a stop come about 7 seconds later.

Presumably you stopped because you didn't hear any sound.  But I don't see any obvious errors in the log.

What happens if you wait longer, in case reading is stalled waiting for a drive to spin up or something?

Also, could you try a different audio output in case it's actually a soundcard issue: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Grant

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:04 am »

Thanks Matt. Sometimes the audio slider moves normally and "buffering" appears, no sound. Other times the slider just hiccups at the one second mark and never gets anywhere. Just noticed too that other audio programs do nothing nor do web videos - they play but no sound. Guess I must have a sound card issue. Any idea how to debug that?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:06:45 am »

1. Update soundcard drivers
2. If using DirectSound, try using WASAPI
3. If using WASAPI, try using WASAPI event-style and lowering the buffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up