INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate TV-recordings marked as "Client Playback"?  (Read 972 times)

Grenache

• World Citizen
Duplicate TV-recordings marked as "Client Playback"?
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:46:03 am »

The last week or so I have duplicates of some of my TV-recordings appearing as "Recording X - Client Playback". What does this mean? I haven't changed anything in my setup, except that I'm always using the latest version of MC.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Duplicate TV-recordings marked as "Client Playback"?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:26 am »

That is a bug particular to build 173.  It should be gone in the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:07 am »

Is it safe to delete the files marked as "Client Playback", or will deleting them from disk delete the regular recording as well?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:41 am »

Is it safe to delete the files marked as "Client Playback", or will deleting them from disk delete the regular recording as well?

If these client playback files show up in your library, delete them from inside MC.  If they do not show up in MC's library, try importing them into MC first, then delete them (choosing deleting from disk, not just deleting from the library).  This probably is the safest.  On the other hand, if the folder that contains a "Client Playback.jtv" file does not contain any other jtv file, you can just delete the folder.

These files sneaked up in the folders because I mishandled a boolean variable.  When the program was supposed to create "saved time-shifting.jtv" file, it created "client playback.jtv" instead.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:31:45 am »

I'm systematically deleting them from Theater View and it it doesn't affect the regular recordings. However, I'm glad that this will be fixed in the next build.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up