INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Streaming  (Read 1689 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Netflix Streaming
« on: November 13, 2011, 03:49:36 pm »

Netflix Streaming is an outstanding addition to MC Theater View.  I have used it quite a bit so far and really like it.  I have a few issues, some of which may be my own mistake, and others may be known or being worked out.  Any thoughts on any of them?

1. Upon launching it for the first time, I get a desktop browser login screen.  Not very elegant for a theater view to kick the user to the keyboard and mouse.  Can this be converted to an onscreen keyboard?
2. While the video is playing, the position bar at the bottom is always visible.  Again, if I use the keyboard and mouse I can hide it, but who wants to do that?
3. Seeking rarely seems to work.  My only option is to stop the video, which is like partially pausing it.  Upon starting it again, I am taken to approximately the same location.
4. Pause and other buttons (using the MC remote) usually work, but over time they stop functioning and I am forced to restart the computer.  Restarting MC does not appear to fix the buttons.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Netflix Streaming
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:56:34 pm »

Try Tools/Options/Services/

I don't recognize the other problems, but you said in another post that you're running under Virtualbox.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »

This is running on a 2010 Windows 7 PC, dedicated HTPC.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »

Sorry I can;t help  :( - but thought you would like to know that your problems (2-4) are not happening on my systems either. It must/may be something you have setup wrong (or a bug on your installation).
Regarding item 1, you only see that the first time you install MC and log onto Netflix. It should not come up again under normal usem and with the MC upgrades.
Pages: [1]   Go Up