INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate with network drive  (Read 1626 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen
Duplicate with network drive
« on: November 13, 2011, 10:31:06 am »

On my media server I have a local drive with all of my files in it.  I have then mapped a network drive on this machine, and all other machines on my network, pointing to this drive.  The local drive is F: and the mapped drive is X:.  I do this as I have moved the location of this storage a couple of times over the years and don't want to remap everything.  I point MC at X: and it imports the directory fine.  I have the default location for music set to X: as well.  However, no matter what I do (presumably under the auto-import) it keeps creating duplicates in the library for F:.  I can find no reference in the Import or settings to tell it to look in F: but it does it anyway.  Is it doing this because X: is a logical map and F: is a physical map?  Thanks.

Flutsch

• Recent member
Re: Duplicate with network drive
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 04:53:07 am »

I have the same problem:

original mapping was to M:\ then Z:\ and now to \\smartstore\musique\

Sometimes I renamed everything \\Smartstore\musique\ then \\smartstore\musique\ abd now I have duplicates in

\\Smartstore\musique\
\\smartstore\musique\ AND
Z:\

Any idea on how to clear this "mess" ??

MediaCenter Version 16.0.181

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Duplicate with network drive
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:16:10 am »

@ simonmason
Maybe Windows is playing tricks on you. Instead of making a shared drive from a local resource, you could try and do a 'SUBST' (substitute) command instead.
Open a CMD.EXE window and run the command 'subst w: c:\temp'
In the Explorer you now got an w:-drive showing the files in c:\temp. You could do the same with your shared music folder and the x:-driveletter. This will work on the computer with the files stored on its discs. If you choose to use this workaround, the command should run every time you log on.

@ Flutsch
Why do you use unc-names (network names) if you made a network connection to it ? I would disconnect the z:-drive to check if the problem persists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up