INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray ISOs  (Read 2549 times)

ferraris

• Recent member
Blu-ray ISOs
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

Hi, continuing to evaluate MC but I noticed that those discs I'd ripped as ISOs were not appearing in the Video library during an import.  Reading various threads on here it seems that importing my video library (with MyMovies tagging) does not import the ISO files and they need to be imported as Data.  The Media Type then changed to Video, cover art associated with the file and then they have to be changed back to data.

Is this right?  It's a hell of pain if you have any sort of quantity and I assume that any tags are not updated if they are changed through MyMovies at a later date.

Simon

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Blu-ray ISOs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »

I used to use ISO files and were also using MyMovies. I had a pretty smooth system where all I had to do was to export an XML file from MyMovies and Import it as a Playlist in MC.

This way all of the movies where imported with Media Subtype set to video instead of Data. Note, that in MyMovies you have to point to the actual ISO file and not the folder as it does default.

TLS

ferraris

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:01:36 am »

I'm still struggling with ISOs.  MyMovies saves a mymovies.xml and a folder_name.dvdid.xml file but the import playlist option doesn't seem to support xml playlists.

Most of my movies are BDMV structures so I could convert the remaining ISOs but I don't understand why MyMovies in WMC has no issue with ISOs but JRiver MC struggles so much.

Simon

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:12 am »

The XML file i spoke about is a single file containing all your movies, which you have to export from MyMovies first. From the top of my head I believe you will find it in the File Menu in MyMovies under Export.

When you have saved this file to a location you can then from MC choose Import Playlist and select the above XML file.

I have completely shifted to BDMV folders instead of ISO files. I still use the same procedure as described above, only difference is that for my Blu-Ray in MyMovies I have to point to the index.bdmv file instead of the ISO file. This is much easier to handle and does not require mounting sw for ISO.

TLS

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:53:09 am »

I'm still struggling with ISOs.  MyMovies saves a mymovies.xml and a folder_name.dvdid.xml file but the import playlist option doesn't seem to support xml playlists.
Most of my movies are BDMV structures so I could convert the remaining ISOs but I don't understand why MyMovies in WMC has no issue with ISOs but JRiver MC struggles so much.
Simon

It's plain wrong to suggest that JRiver MC 'struggles' at all with ISO files. First thing to remember is that an ISO is a disc image, plain and simple, with no bias as to what is contained in the image; it could be full of photos, or documents, or mkv files, a mixture of any type of document, a bootable Windows installation, or it could be a DVD or BluRay. Since MC handles data and documents too, ISOs are imported as such by default; the rest of the steps are a necessity because of this.
I would venture, however, that far more people use (or would like to use) the ISO format for DVD/BluRay back up in MC than they do for documents/data. Perhaps it's time that ISOs were imported as video as a default, especially if MC could mount them and check?

ferraris

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »

Thanks TLS, that's too much hassle so I'll need to convert the ISOs I have.

I would venture, however, that far more people use (or would like to use) the ISO format for DVD/BluRay back up in MC than they do for documents/data. Perhaps it's time that ISOs were imported as video as a default, 1especially if MC could mount them and check?

As I'm selecting only Videos during the Auto-Import configuration, it would be nice if it used some intelligence or provided the option to import ISOs at this time eg. "treat ISOs as Video files".

Simon

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 11:29:35 am »

On the topic of BR ISOs: I have mounted a BR ISO using Slysoft's Virtual drive utility. MC plays the image, but only the primary content. How does one navigate to the menu, and will MC recognize menu selections (tab>enter, point and click?)? The "Jump To" context menu offers chapters in the main content, but no Main Menu. Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:49:09 am »

You could try using the On Screen Display (the arrow keys and enter).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »

On the topic of BR ISOs: I have mounted a BR ISO using Slysoft's Virtual drive utility. MC plays the image, but only the primary content. How does one navigate to the menu, and will MC recognize menu selections (tab>enter, point and click?)? The "Jump To" context menu offers chapters in the main content, but no Main Menu. Thanks in advance.

Main (disc) menus cannot be accessed with any software using free directshow filters currently. For that you need to buy Arcsoft's TMT, Cyberlink's PowerDVD, or WinDVD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up