INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from version 13  (Read 1148 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Upgrading from version 13
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »

I've used 13 for a while, and I have custom views, playlists, artist sorts, and so on.  How can I get these into 17 without recreating?  It's a lot of work to rebuild all this customization.  Can't I just import it somehow?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrading from version 13
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:30:57 am »

You should be able to export and import playlists. Other than that I think you have to do some manual work. Things like this is saved in never versions, but it was after version 13 I think.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:31:11 am »

the database contains the views and playlists, restore the library to a test library in MC 17 and see if you miss anything...

settings, like what folders are imported, skins and rip otions etc..you have to go over again..
MT5FR

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:37:39 am »

As Lasse said, you can import an MC13 library backup file to MC17. At least the library files, file metadata, custom library fields, statistics and playlists will be imported. The view configuration system may have changed fundamentally and probably it will import only some of the old configuration.

I have newer tried the following and I am not promising that the procedure would be worthwhile, but you might be able to import more if you install all intermediate versions and export/import a backup file from each old version to the next (MC13 > MC14 > MC15 > MC16 > MC17). After the process is complete you can uninstall the excess versions. The old versions are available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.msg59949#msg59949

If you decide to uninstall MC13 you may want to first back up any cover art files you have in the MC13 application data location (the default cover art location is inside it). When all uninstall options are checked, the uninstaller will remove the MC13 application data location completely.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up