INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple 3D wall views in Theater Mode  (Read 2765 times)

rotho

• Recent member
Multiple 3D wall views in Theater Mode
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:57 am »

I would like to create several 3D wall views in Theater View (like the "Showroom" item), for specific genres, by using the "rules for file display" setting.

My problem is that if I create a new menu item in theater view with the same setting as the original "Showroom" item, it is being displayed as a traditional 2D view, not 3D wall.

I managed to customize the orginal "Showroom" item to display a specifig genre, but I did not manage to create a duplicate of this item (in Theater view) with the same 3D display.

I read somewhere else in the forum that such an item should be named exactly "Showroom" so that it works, but that didn't change anything (on the other hand, if I renamed the original "Showroom" item, it still displayed in 3D wall mode, so that's not the problem, obviously).

Can anyone explain to me how to get several 3D wall views in Theater View ?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple 3D wall views in Theater Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:57:15 pm »

"Showroom" is no longer provided a separate view. Instead, the same thing is a List Style that can be applied to any view within Theatre View. Select More > Toggle List Style from the roller menu.

rotho

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:39:37 am »

Ok, thanks for the tip !  :D

So, I created 3 items in Theater View (3D Rock, 3D Jazz and 3D Classic), with the proper "rules for file display", and I then applied the "3D Wall" list style with the "Toggle list style" command : it works as you said.

But I found a bug  :( : when I go from one of these items to another one, the 3D view doesn't change : it lists the exact same albums (without the proper genre filter). I have to switch to an item with another style (for example a 2D style), and then switch to the other "3D" item I wanted, and now the 3D display is correct.

In other words, if I place my 3 "3D" items next to each other, and navigate between them with the left and right arrows, it doesn't work properly (the 3D view doesn't change). So, to bypass this problem in the theater view, I put traditional "2D" items between those 3D items and then the navigation between these items with the left and right arrows is correct.

Just a precision : I am using the latest build of the current version (16.0.181). Perhaps this problem is solved in v17 ?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:37:49 am »

Perhaps this problem is solved in v17 ?

No, it seems to be exactly as you describe. I'll report it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up