INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying Date Fields To Omit Taking The Time Into Account  (Read 1062 times)

emastroi

• Recent member
Modifying Date Fields To Omit Taking The Time Into Account
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

I use JRiver as a Media Server in conjunction with a PS3. I typically import movies in batches to my library and thought I would create a category to group my movie files by the date I imported them so as I watch them I can focus on  a group showing only what I just imported. However, most of the date formats include the time. I do not need to be that accurate. What that does is create separate groups by time as well as the date. Is there any way I can simplify the Date Imported field to only use the Year.Month.Day?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Modifying Date Fields To Omit Taking The Time Into Account
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

There's no need to remove or modify any date/time information.  Rather, you can adjust the categories or what is displayed here:

Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers...

select a server (you probably have only Generic DLNA), and then Customize views...

Scroll down to the Video section and you'll see the Items that are shown for video.  You should see that Date Imported is there, and under Set rules for file display the sort order is Date Imported.

You should also see a Year grouping.  You can change this (or add a new Items to Show) to an expression that groups by the Date Imported year.

Let's change Year.  Select that item under Items to Show > Video, remove Year from Show Categories In This Order, and then click Add, and select Expression.  Add the expression:

FormatDate([Date Imported,0], yyyy)

and name it Date Imported Year.

OK your way out of the settings, and rebrowse via your client, and you should now see the new grouping.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

emastroi

• Recent member
Re: Modifying Date Fields To Omit Taking The Time Into Account
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:52:12 pm »

Thank-You!! That was exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up