INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No movie play using DLNA to tv  (Read 1817 times)

pat b

No movie play using DLNA to tv
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »

Hello all. I am hoping somebody with more brains than me can help. My problem is......I installed J Rivers software, I set up my library, I set up DLNA Server. I go to my TV upstairs, click the DLNA app. I can see the DLNA Server running on my PC. When I choose it, I can see all my movies, but when I click on ANY of the movies, none of them will play. It changes the screen like it is about to play, then just kicks me back to the screen where I first clicked the movie to play it. I have different format type movies, MKV, DIVX, AVI, but nothing plays, although I can see all the titles, also, I can play all the movies on my PC with no problems. Just problem on TV via DLNA. Am I missing something on set up of the DLNA?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: No movie play using DLNA to tv
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:04:46 am »

One of the pitfalls I have experienced, is that the DLNA renderer in the TV does not always support any video format that is thrown at it.
You have to consult your TV Users Guide to get an idea of which formats is supported. Then make adjustments in the Media Network options accordingly.
Did you create a profile in the DLNA options for your TV ?

If you end up with having to transcode the video stream, your computer is in for some hard work.

pat b

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

My TV is capable of playing AVI, MKV (Video) and other formats. It did work with a different DLNA Server. But J River's software will not play any of the same movies that I did manage to play on the TV with a Different DLNA Server. Please tell me more about the "Profile", I am not sure if i did that.

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:14 pm »

In MC, Tools, Options, Media Network, press "Add or configure DLNA servers"
If you press the Add button you could get lucky to find your TV in here, otherwise choose the generic profile and work from there.
Since you are interested in playing video, only the Video and the Advanced section applies.
In the Video section you want to Support video content and the fiddling is now the combination how conversion should take place and to which format.
In the Advanced section I only try the DLNA, DLNA Extra and PS3 compatible options. I claim absolutely no expertice in here  ;) I know Bob (JRiver) makes many advices in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up