INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! I've lost fill properties from file name & can't get up...  (Read 1201 times)

lhwidget

• World Citizen
Help! I've lost fill properties from file name & can't get up...
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:11:40 pm »

I realize the new dialog box under Tools>Library Tools>Fill Properties From Filename... is a new feature for helping to automate the tagging process, but the the v16 dialog box let me specifically tell MC how to tag my movies from the directory name.

Is there any way back to the old dialog box that allows me to simply tell MC what to do?

I use a slightly wacky structure:  V:\[Movie Name]--[Series Name]--[Disc #] where disk # is basically the episode or sequel #.

I'm thinking Options>File Location>Ripped DVD Video, Ripped BD Vid, Other Video is where you specify the directory & filename structure now? 

If I define my structures there, will the new smart dialog box give me the choice that matches the meta data structure in my file/directory names?

Cause right now, It's using [Artist]\[Name]\[Album] tags for my movies...

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Help! I've lost fill properties from file name & can't get up...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:16:41 pm »

Just select the Template radio button and you're back to using the old method.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:38:36 am »

Hi,

I just wanted to say a big "Thank you!" for this new system: it is exactly what I needed and what I had been waiting for for so long (I asked for it as a new feature a couple of times, but I never received an answer).

And it also came as a big surprise, at least to me, because I don't think it was ever mentioned into MC17 release notes...

This is fore sure one more feature that puts MC above all other competitors!  :)

Regards,
Fabrizio

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 06:55:57 am »

Just select the Template radio button and you're back to using the old method.

Thanks, the dialog box was coming up truncated at the bottom, I didn't realize I could re-size it  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up