INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Right click delete problem  (Read 927 times)

Pinch

• Recent member
Right click delete problem
« on: March 27, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

Whilst using a slightly tweaked version of the 'panes' view scheme, I tried to delete an album, simultaneously from the Library and from my hard disk. Ordinarily, I'd select the individual tracks, press delete, and tell MC to delete the library entries and the files from the hard disk. This time, since I wanted to delete an entire album, I right-clicked on the album's listing in the 'albums' pane, and clicked delete, telling MC to remove the files from the hard disk. Well, MC then froze, and after a minute or so I force-quit, through the task manager. Long story short: I later discovered that whilst MC had been 'frozen' it had in fact been busy deleting ALL of the music that belonged to the same genre as the album that I was trying to delete (which, oddly, hadn't been deleted). It had all vanished, in (roughly) alphabetical order.
Anyway, it's not such a big deal for me on this occasion - I'm backed up - but it struck me that, whatever happened, it needs addressing.
This is the only problem I've ever had with MC, and I think it's a really fantastic piece of software, but clearly there's a problem somewhere with the latest version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug report
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:41 pm »

I can reproduce this, and I agree it's bad.

It will be fixed tonight in a beta build, and that build should be available in a day or two.

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Pinch

• Recent member
Re: Right click delete problem
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 03:42:41 pm »

No probs Matt - thanks for the speedy response :)

I look forward to the update.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Right click delete problem
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:51:19 pm »

The problem is a little more general than deletion.  Here's the fix in the history:
Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected pane item and picking an action could perform the action on the previous selection.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up