INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.33 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 6941 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.33 Beta -- Available Here
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:28 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170033.exe [You may see a TiVo error.  It's safe to ignore and will be fixed in the next build.]

17.0.33 (11/11/2011)

1. Faster: Expression language is faster when dealing with fields (as a result, it's no longer supported to nest functions inside the Field(...) function).
2. Changed: Zones are sorted by name in the tree.
3. Fixed: Conversion of audio for DLNA and Gizmo could sporadically fail with the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Jitter in the high-precision system timer could cause video playback failures (applies to dual-core AMD machines on XP, possibly others).
5. Fixed: DVB-T2 television channels (with AAC audio) did not play.
6. Fixed: Setting a relational database field could fail to set all members of the relationship in rare cases.
7. NEW: TiVo beacon generated internally by MC, solves problems with the TiVo's unsupported beacon API not working on some newer versions of windows.
8. NEW: Remark (REM) statements in CUE files are now handled as meta-data. Currently COMMENT, DATE, GENRE are supported.
9. Fixed: On screen display text was incorrectly all drawing as bold.
10. Changed: The Theater View file list always shows at least two thumbnails horizontally and vertically, regardless of the size setting and ideal thumbnail image aspect ratio.
11. SDK: Seeking a video using the web service (MCWS) could lead to problems.
12. SDK: Improved MCWS/v1/Library/Values so it can return all values for a given field or search any number of fields for matches.
13. Fixed: Remote control keystrokes sent to Media Center from a system like Girder might have been disabled while a pop-up was being displayed.
14. Changed: Subtitle images are delivered to EVR from the main thread (fixes possible hangs when detaching or sizing EVR while subtitles were going).
15. Fixed: AAC MediaType was specified incorrectly so Hauppauge Colossus video capture device did not have sound.
16. Changed: Updated to version .39 of LAV audio, video and splitter directshow filters. Improved seeking on Mpeg-2 and VC-1 files, and playback of raw H.264.
17. Changed: Carnac assumes that a file with a television recording extension that's over 70 minutes is a movie instead of a television show.
18. Changed: Carnac deals with the uncapitalized word "not" from SageTV naming better.
19. Changed: More tweaking to the DLNA nested control fix from builds 29 and 30. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.

17.0.32 (11/9/2011)

1. Fixed: When installing an update on a non-administrative account the prompted for a different username and password to run the install, the program could report an error when starting after the update.
2. Faster: Holding Shift+PgDown in a list is much faster, especially in a large list.
3. Changed: Improved ts recording of digital television.
4. Faster: Import works 4 files at a time instead of 2 files at a time (background auto-import still works 1 file at a time since it's designed to have a small footprint and run in the background).
5. Faster: Tag reading is faster for all file types.
6. Faster: ID3v2 parsing is faster.
7. Faster: The I/O pattern used for analyzing MP3 files is more efficient -- making MP3 import up to twice as fast.
8. Changed: The core filename functions better support filenames in the form "file://C:/My%20Music/1.mp3".
9. Changed: Expressions that work on filenames better handle portable install filenames like "(Install Drive):\1.mp3".
10. Changed: Audio type is set to AAC when building a playback graph with Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.
11. Fixed: Theater View weather was using Fahrenheit for the Google source, even if Celsius was selected.
12. Changed: Revised how text-based subtitle sizing is performed so that it's more consistent across differing fonts, DPIs, etc.
13. Fixed: The vertical position of SSA subtitles was not correct in some cases.
14. Changed: Added support for vertical text with SSA subtitles.
15. Changed: SSA subtitle support honors the scale and font size of the styles section (font size is scaled relative to median font size used in the styles section).
16. Fixed: Videos that used non-square pixels would display with the incorrect aspect ratio when played using Gizmo on Android.

17.0.31 (11/8/2011)

1. Fixed: The list on the left of DSP Studio was not working properly.

17.0.30 (11/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Entering an out-of-bounds value into the Parametric Equalizer's 'Adjust a frequency' filter could cause problems.
2. Fixed: Remote control playback buttons broken for one build.
3. Fixed: Filesize was not getting filled in correctly for Blu-ray titles.
4. Changed: Replay Gain 'Automatic adjustment' mode uses the 95th percentile so that outliers that are extremely quiet don't cause an entire playlist to have its volume reduced too much.
5. NEW: ASIO outputs a little silence when stopping so that hardware that plays its last buffer on the next start won't click.  About 1/4 of a second.
6. Fixed: Movie name field not being set correctly for DVD/Blu-ray titles on the original disc.
7. Faster: Grouping of path-style fields like keywords, location, etc. in panes and category views is faster.
8. Changed: Removed Weather.com weather from Theater View due to business model changes by Weather.com (use NOAA and Google instead).
9. Changed: Improved handling of MPEG-4 video and AAC audio in digital television.
10. Changed: Improved analysis of DVD's on import so FPS, bitrate, resolution, etc. are now shown correctly.
11. Changed: Revised ASIO playback flow when starting DSD playback based on feedback from Playback Designs.
12. Fixed: XMLTV parsing would only load one channel if the channels and programs were interlaced in the XML.
13. Fixed: When playback of a video finished and it returned to Theater View, the monitor could immediately go to sleep in rare cases.
14. Changed: Changing values using the new Tag on Import feature will update file tags to match the changes made.
15. NEW: Audio and video types (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AC3, AAC, H.264) can be selected during manual editing of television channels. Applicable to DVB-T only.
16: Fixed: Tweak DLNA nested control fix from version 29. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.

17.0.29 (11/4/2011)

1. Fixed: MIDI playback was not working.
2. Changed: Improved Carnac's handling of SageTV filenames.
3. NEW: Added the option to direct sound to the side speakers only with Direct Sound audio output (for outputting multiple stereo zones from one soundcard).
4. Changed: Lineup list style in Theater View could show HTML-like text formatting tokens in some cases.
5. NEW: Options > Theater View > Advanced > File Caption supports HTML-like formatting (like 17.0.28 added for Standard View).
6. Changed: Improved SSA subtitle support, especially for files that show multiple captions at the same time.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
8. NEW: The subtitle engine supports animated SSA karaoke subtitles.
9. Changed: The subtitle engine uses a higher quality outline for text-based drawing.
10. Fixed: Media Center could crash if a playback button on the remote control was pressed while the Blu-ray title menu was being displayed.
11. NEW: Added ability of DLNA services to work with devices which use a nested control structure.
12. Fixed: The library backup filename dialog wasn't offering a default filename or warning when overwriting an existing file.
13. Fixed: Canceling television recording did not work when user chose to switch to a different channel on the same tuner.
14. Fixed: OSD displayed channel info incorrectly when an STB channel was watched or recorded (it showed "Playing: Input Source 3 -..." instead of "Playing: 55 CNN..." for example).
15. Faster: Libraries that use relational fields are faster.

17.0.28 (11/3/2011)

1. Changed: The right-click menu is no longer disabled in Web views.
2. Faster: Improvements to core libraries that help program load performance and size.
3. Fixed: Movie name from mymovies.xml file was not being used - instead the movie was named according to the folder above the index.bdmv file.
4. Fixed: Video in jtv format captured from HD PVR video capture device did not play in Red October HQ.
5. NEW: SSA subtitle engine supports the custom fonts for each style used in the SSA (falls back to user selection when a block of text has no font in its style).
6. Changed: When number keys on a remote control are used to change television channel and the original input string does not match any channel, MC removes beginning '0's from the input string and tries again.
7. Fixed: Replay Gain information was not being used properly when applying DSP to a handheld conversion.
8. Fixed: If DSP is used when converting for a handheld, the new file could have a stale replay gain value written to its tag.
9. Changed: Improved handling of numbers, dashes, etc. in the FixSpacing(...) expression.
10. NEW: Carnac better understands SageTV filenames (use Fill Properties From Filename in automatic mode to update existing files).
11. Changed: The expression function FileName(...) suppoprts an optional parameter for whether to include the extension (to get no extension: FileName(,0)).
12. Fixed: TMDb movie lookup was not always getting the highest quality image available.
13. Changed: Import will only mark a file as bad if it hasn't been changed on the file system for an hour (so auto-import won't put a fresh file copy in the bad database and then remove it when the copy finishes).
14. NEW: Thumbnail text supports basic HTML text formatting tags like bold, underline, italic, and <font color="FF0000">red</font> (remember that slash requires escapement in the expression editor so use <//b>, <//i>, etc.).
15. Changed: WAV & AIFF tagging are enabled by default (use Plug-in Manager > Input > WAVE & AIFF > Configure to change).

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: Media Center 17.0.33 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:01:26 am »

3. Changed: Improved ts recording of digital television.

Interesting, can you elaborate on "Improved"?

Also, the detached window is not staying on top of other windows, but selecting the item "Always on top" will crash MC.  It does not matter if it's already checked or not.  clicking it crashes MC, and neither will keep it on top.

Was the same in .31 also.

**EDIT:  The last time I tried (of 4), it seems to have worked, it's now staying to top of other windows.
pretend this is something funny

Trumpetguy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:23:05 am »

FYI,
I am not able to see that LAV filters have been updated to 0.39. Still seeing 0.37 after installing 17.0.33.

EDIT: .33 also crashes if I have a separate LAV filters install other than 0.37 (I use a separate install with same build for some video playback "additional filters"). This also indicates that you in fact have not changed to .39.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:23:05 am »

FYI,
I am not able to see that LAV filters have been updated to 0.39. Still seeing 0.37 after installing 17.0.33.

EDIT: .33 also crashes if I have a separate LAV filters install other than 0.37 (I use a separate install with same build for some video playback "additional filters"). This also indicates that you in fact have not changed to .39.

I am having the same issue. Started in MC16 for me trying to install LAV filter > .36.

Separately, I am having an issue with subtitles staying on screen after the sentence has been spoken. It changes with each new sentence, but will linger on screen until a new one is spoken.

MC16 was working fine for me except the same issue with LAV Filters and subtitles leaving the screen too fast. The words will still be voiced but the subtitles would disappear. It seemed like a set time was always used instead of using the timestamps...

IF MC17 would fix these issues, I would be very happy.

BTW, MPC plays the subtitles just fine.

TIA,

AL

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:57:51 am »

Three bugs watching TV:

1. If I cancel time shifting, I get video but no sound. I really don't care about this, because I always have time shifting enabled, but I noticed a lot of other people posting issues where they have either just sound or just video and I thought this might help you figure it out.

2. Sometimes sound and video get out of sync and I need to switch to another channel and back to fix it.

3. Sometimes (20%) the video is perpetually choppy when I switch to a new channel (maybe 5 fps) and I have to switch to another channel and back to fix it.

I think both 2 and 3 happen in RO Standard and RO HQ. Neither happen in WMC. And, once I'm on a channel and things are fine, things remain fine for as long as I am on the channel.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:47 pm »

The volume control is a little odd since the 17.x releases, when I use the mouse and drag it to increase it, it is sluggish. It looks as is MC is too busy updating the tooltip.
The dragging works perfectly to decrease it though.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 11:06:09 pm »

The volume control is a little odd since the 17.x releases, when I use the mouse and drag it to increase it, it is sluggish. It looks as is MC is too busy updating the tooltip.
The dragging works perfectly to decrease it though.

Click on the Speaker icon and see if Volume Protection is on...
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 08:00:03 am »

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:13 am »

Interesting, can you elaborate on "Improved"?

It was hard to summarize the improvement in one sentence, that is why I used such general statement.

We try to remove packets that are not related to the channel being recorded (such as a different sub channel).  It did  not work perfectly.  Sometimes it would not remove the packets, resulting in larger recorded files, or it may remove the wrong data, resulting in poor video.

So depending on the actual channel you record, you may or may not see the improvement.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:56 am »

I am having the same issue. Started in MC16 for me trying to install LAV filter > .36.

Separately, I am having an issue with subtitles staying on screen after the sentence has been spoken. It changes with each new sentence, but will linger on screen until a new one is spoken.

MC16 was working fine for me except the same issue with LAV Filters and subtitles leaving the screen too fast. The words will still be voiced but the subtitles would disappear. It seemed like a set time was always used instead of using the timestamps...

IF MC17 would fix these issues, I would be very happy.

BTW, MPC plays the subtitles just fine.

TIA,

AL

I can confirm the highlighted part - quite annoying, also being that many of my films are foreign languages I don't understand a word of(like Polish, Japanese, Russian, French, etc; English isn't my first language either, but obviously that's doesn't represent a problem), and therefore necessitate subtitles.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 09:36:48 am »

What format are the subtitles that go away too quickly?  Embedded, sidecar, VOB, SRT, etc.?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dvnog

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:34 am »

Hi. I'd like to suggest a change to the default display sort order for Artists library view.

I've not done a survey ;) but it seems likely that most people would want to view artists > albums in date ascending order - and (multiple artists) in album name ascending order. Currently it's all album ascending order.

I couldn't work out how to do this on my own, but user vagskal was very generous and worked it out for me. See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67483.0

Just a suggestion that I thought might benefit others.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 01:16:46 pm »

We try to remove packets that are not related to the channel being recorded (such as a different sub channel).  It did  not work perfectly.  Sometimes it would not remove the packets, resulting in larger recorded files, or it may remove the wrong data, resulting in poor video.

Ah, thanks.  Sounds like 2 great improvements :)
pretend this is something funny

Symus35

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 01:36:50 pm »

Having the same Issue Here with last build. (17.0.33)

with previous build, i had just a delay pb. Subtitles were shown a bit late

now they still show a bit late but never dissapear ^^ kind of  disturbing !

Thanks

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »

Something I noticed a while ago that I'd forgotten to mention. When volume protection is enabled and "stop" is set to fadeout, volume drops to around 7% after I click stop on a playing track instead of snapping back to the previously set position. As far as I can tell this doesn't happen with track change or seek, it seems to only affect stop: fadeout. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that the fadeout seems to take place as a system wide event.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »

I did want to note that it seems like a reboot after each upgrade has become a necessity. I never know if audio is going to work after an upgrade. Cold boot seems to fix it. Also what is with the very long times before there is video on TV? You will hear the audio stream for several seconds and then just when you think it is broken, you will get video.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 08:08:18 pm »

What format are the subtitles that go away too quickly?  Embedded, sidecar, VOB, SRT, etc.?

Thanks.

ASS (from anime) and VOB from a MKV that was made from a DVD. Consistent though across many files.

Regarding LAV, is the issue due to MC16 having a version pre-installed and we are trying to install a later version, trying to use additional filters?

If so, this concerns me that I need to upgrade to use something that should be independent of the installed version. (I could no longer use MC16 and expect to update LAV myself as new features become available).

I am using MC16 ver .179 and have LAV .36 installed.

The error I receive is "Fault Module Name: avformat-lav-53.dll" Can I overwrite this file with the version I install to the "C:\Users\ASP\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins\lav"<--- DOES NOT WORK, actually messed up my MC17 install.

I upgraded to MC17 last night... hoping to see the issues with subtitles and external LAV filters are resolved.

TIA,

AL

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 08:55:59 am »

my "Recent Playing Now's" list disappears from the tree after closing and restarting MC17.

I listen to music daytime and watch video at night, the video knocks my Playing Now queue out leaving it blank.
In the morning when I wish to continue with my Playing Now queue from yesterday, the Recent Playing Now's playlist is gone leaving me unable to continue.

Apparently "Recent Playing Now's" is cleared upon closing MC for some reason.

This feature would be much more useful if it was to remain until I clear it, or until a set number of lists had been reached (like how MC saves recent versions in it's Update engine)

I'd hate to have to use another player for video simply to remedy this problem, nor do I wish to need additional steps such as manually saving a playlist which Recent Playing Now's had done for me automatically in the past.
. . . the game is rigged

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 02:07:57 pm »

I have an issue with ripped bd:subtitles doesn't disappear at end of phrase but remain until next subtitle

Trumpetguy

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »

Same here. Subs do not disappear until the next one arrives, bluray rip in mkv with embedded vob (not sup). Have not seen this error prior to .33.

audunth

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 06:08:34 pm »

my "Recent Playing Now's" list disappears from the tree after closing and restarting MC17.

I listen to music daytime and watch video at night, the video knocks my Playing Now queue out leaving it blank.
In the morning when I wish to continue with my Playing Now queue from yesterday, the Recent Playing Now's playlist is gone leaving me unable to continue.

Apparently "Recent Playing Now's" is cleared upon closing MC for some reason.

This feature would be much more useful if it was to remain until I clear it, or until a set number of lists had been reached (like how MC saves recent versions in it's Update engine)

I'd hate to have to use another player for video simply to remedy this problem, nor do I wish to need additional steps such as manually saving a playlist which Recent Playing Now's had done for me automatically in the past.

Have you tried turning off Clear Playing Now on exit under Options -> General -> Advanced?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

rick.ca

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:35 am »

As reported here (MC16) adjacent Theatre View views displayed in the "Showroom" list style do not update when navigating from one to another.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 04:51:41 pm »

Have you tried turning off Clear Playing Now on exit under Options -> General -> Advanced?

Yes I have.

My problem is not that Playing Now is being cleared on exit, it is being cleared by selecting a video file and hitting PLAY.
My problem is that the Recent Playing Now playlist is being cleared when MC is closed and my laptop turned off. I'd like it to remain for X number of days (perhaps 3).
. . . the game is rigged

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 07:59:32 am »

Built in Tivo Beacon

Hallelujah! Been waiting a long time for this.

Glad to see it's here

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 12:52:23 pm »

The long standing bug where the display doesn't match the time or track that's actually playing is still here
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47783.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

Are you using MC17?

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 01:18:25 pm »

Yup - Media Center 17.0.33
I've had it for 5 days, and it has exactly the same problem the free MJ has always had
(the interface and what's actually playing getting all out of sync with long tracks >1Hr)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »

MC is once again crashing every time I turn off my receiver (HDMI issue).
Pages: [1]   Go Up