INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import a Play list from one computer to another?  (Read 834 times)

trcns

• World Citizen
How to import a Play list from one computer to another?
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:49:24 pm »

I have a computer where I rip all my music and create my play list then I push it to my milti-media PC. Problem is with the playlist. I have a different directory structure on the PC is rip the music and create a playlist as compare to the computer which plays it on. First, it always shows as imported playlist on the second computer and second it always empty. What should I do to make it work as play list create as local computer?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to import a Play list from one computer to another?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:28 pm »

You will need to do some find and replace in notepad or notepad++ to change the file paths.

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: How to import a Play list from one computer to another?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 06:35:42 am »

I use my laptop to rip and organize my music.  I have my second hard drive mapped as R:\.  I store my music on R:\Music Master.  My set up includes WHS to store all music but my solution should still work.  I play all Media off of my HTPC.  On that PC I mapped my Server partition that contains my music as R:\ as well.  So when I export playlists from my Laptop to my HTPC and it just works.  No issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up