INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View / Full Screen Display: and power options  (Read 1112 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Theater View / Full Screen Display: and power options
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:08:49 am »

When traveling I often watch video on my laptop, and MC does an excellent job of playback.

One problem I find is my laptop's power schemes are often setup to dim the screen after (x) minutes of inactivity.
Unless I remember to switch to a custom power scheme I made just for watching videos apparently Windows considers playing a video to be inactivity, this can be quite annoying.

Can MC be made to over ride screen dimming along with screen savers while in Display or Theater View modes?

the problem is not so much that I am too lazy to switch power options, but that I am too forgetful to switch or then later switch back   ::)
. . . the game is rigged

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View / Full Screen Display: and power options
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:32 am »

Norton also thinks this is inactivity and runs 'idle time' stuff if you're trying to watch a movie. (I've gotten around this by adding MC to the programs that disable idle time scans.)

Simply putting an 'inactive' keypress into the keyboard buffer eg. 'alt' or 'shift' every 1, 5 or 10 minutes or whatever should work. However I think that would need another programming thread and someone is bound to cry 'foul' that the extra thread makes their sound 'less  organic' and their vision 'less lifelike'. ;)

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up