INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with Theater View  (Read 1710 times)

Benson98

• Recent member
Help needed with Theater View
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:18:20 pm »

Really enjoying using JRiver Media, got pretty much everything setup.  Just a couple of little things bugging me and was wondering if I could get some help to sort them out.

1) On the track list, is it possible to remove the additional info for the track that is selected?  I would like to keep all the tracks to just one line of info, including the track that is playing.  And then add any additional info to the tags underneath the cover art and through the custom File Captions that I have been reading about on the forum.

2) I use a LINN DS as a media renderer and when I go to Options>Theater view>Behavior>Jump On Play and set it to TheaterView Playing now and it will stay on the Track List.  But when I use a different zone and play music through the pc it works fine.  Is it possible when playing music through the LINN DS to get it to go to the Theaterview - Playing Now screen?

3) Not sure what is causing it, but whenever playing back music, when it switches tracks the screen flashes.  Is this a known issue?  I didn't seem to find any topics about it.

I'm running the latest version 17.0.50

Thanks,

-Benson98

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help needed with Theater View
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:50 am »

1) On the track list, is it possible to remove the additional info for the track that is selected?  I would like to keep all the tracks to just one line of info, including the track that is playing.  And then add any additional info to the tags underneath the cover art and through the custom File Captions that I have been reading about on the forum.
I'm not sure where you are and what you want.  Can you expand the description?

Benson98

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 12:27:03 pm »

Jim,

I'm going from:
Theater View>Audio>Artist (Phil Collins)>Album (Face Value)>Track list for Face Value.  If you do not highlight any off the songs, they are listed as 1 line each.

In The Air Tonight
This Must Be Love
Behind The Lines etc.
Etc.

Once you highlight a song it then shows more info about the song

In The Air Tonight
Phil Collins * Face Vale * 1981 * 5:35 --- Can this line be removed or have certain info removed?

I would like to make the track listing like this through file captions:

1 * In The Air Tonight * 5:35
2 * This Must Be Love * 3:56

And have it only show that info even when highlighted and then show any additional info through the fields that you can add under the album Cover on the rightside of the screen.

Thank you,

-Benson98

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »

There is only one "Caption" for all of Theater View, and it applies to all of your files.

You can get crafty and use an expression to make it show different information depending on the type of file (so you can show one caption for TV Shows and a different caption for Music), but you can't change the caption depending on what file is currently highlighted in the list.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:02:47 pm »

There is only one "Caption" for all of Theater View, and it applies to all of your files.

I think he knows that. He's referring to the second line that appears when a file is selected. That cannot be changed or suppressed.

Benson98

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:05:00 pm »

What Rick said is correct, I was trying to find out how to suppress the second line.  I seem to remember it was a single line at one time (Maybe JR 12) and was wondering if there was option to change it back to that.  But it does not look like there is.

Thanks for the help guys,

-Benson98

Pages: [1]   Go Up