INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC show a channel where the EPG is empty?  (Read 2664 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Can MC show a channel where the EPG is empty?
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:58 am »

I seem to remember this question being asked before - but I could not find a post on it.

Should MC be able to tune into an OTA channel when/if the guide data is missing?

I noticed last night, that channel 43.3 and 2.2 had no guide data displayed ( I have a post about getting guide data from multiple sources to fix this). So, last night, I could see that the channel is there/listed however I move down the channel list, channel-by-channel, MC just skips over these two channels (missing the guide data).

If it was possible, it would be nice if the channel still played even when the guide is empty.
Of course, I wouldn't know what is showing by looking a the guide, but at least then I would be able to tune in and perhaps see if it is something I care to watch.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Can MC show a channel where the EPG is empty?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:25 am »

The answer is no.  I need to figure out a way of adding empty guide entries to channels that have no guide data at all for the period of time covered in Theater View.  Until that is done, your option is to run it in Standard view, or create a "TV Channels" view in Theater View and run the channel from there.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:27:14 pm »

Thanks for your quick response. I can just wait until the EPG guide setup process is advanced/improved then this won't be an issue anymore (I think .82 has the fix).

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »

Yes, .82 will allow you to setup both Zap2it and over-the-air scan for programs.  The OTA scan will overwrite a program's  name and description for channels that Zap2it already got programs for.  If you do not care about name and description overwriting, then .82 will solve your problem.  In a yet newer build, you will be able to specify which channels will use OTA data.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:20:54 pm »

You can't do it from the guide, but you can start watching a channel with guide data, then use the osd to change to it.

But I'm sure you already knew that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up