INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you IMPORT MULTIPLE FOLDERS??  (Read 1235 times)

dasmodul

• Recent member
How do you IMPORT MULTIPLE FOLDERS??
« on: November 24, 2011, 03:19:42 am »

This is one thing that's driven me crazy since I bought version 15 and now 17. Does anybody know how to shift or cntrl select multiple folders when importing audio files? The only options I see are either import one folder at a time or the entire HD with subdirectories. And the auto-import function is BS because the screen where it asks you to add folders to sync with..again, you have to do it ONE at a time. I have thousands of folders and would like to do say 50 at a time, etc. Anyone? Thanks.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do you IMPORT MULTIPLE FOLDERS??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:25:53 am »

You have a few options as I see it. You can drag and drop the folders from explorer to MC, and then choose to import the files.
You can select the whole disk for import (auto or manual), and exclude the few directories you don't want.
Or you can do it one folder at a time.

I'll have to say that you have a pretty strange setup if you have thousands of folders, not nested or anything. Perhaps it's about time you consider moving the folders under a few media subtype specific directories? I can not see a single reason why someone would have thousands of directories one the root on one or several disks for instance. Remember that importing one directory always includes the directories underneath the selected directory as well.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

dasmodul

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 03:30:08 am »

When you say drag them into MC, where do I drag them to? I'm usually in the Artists view pane. Drag it in there?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 04:33:05 am »

You can drag them wherever you like really. Music will not change to images even if you drag them to Images views. You can also drag them to Playing now. But they will not get imported then. Just added to playing now. Moving items to one of the other media tree items however will.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up