INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My regular question about this time in the cycle: Is MC17 ready for genral use  (Read 1433 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

And now I mean general use as in unseen program that sits on my media server and takes remote control/NetRemote/Gizmo commands to play MP3s and AAC web radio streams. Unfortunately the bleeding edge left me a few years back in a flurry of: "Honey, it's not working again!" (Which is something I haven't heard for at least three versions now, luckily, because my wife is about the only person I know who can make "honey" sound threatening...) So I'm only going to install for production use when it's ready for this kind of usage. So what do you guys think?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

And now I mean general use as in unseen program that sits on my media server and takes remote control/NetRemote/Gizmo commands to play MP3s and AAC web radio streams. Unfortunately the bleeding edge left me a few years back in a flurry of: "Honey, it's not working again!" (Which is something I haven't heard for at least three versions now, luckily, because my wife is about the only person I know who can make "honey" sound threatening...) So I'm only going to install for production use when it's ready for this kind of usage. So what do you guys think?

I think your wife has managed the impossible.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

I'd also add that for general use MC17 is ready for use. It's just a few new specific things that might need some work, or getting used to.

kensn

• MC Beta Team

because my wife is about the only person I know who can make "honey" sound threatening...) 

uhh no... I have one of those too....
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

gappie

i think it is always as ok as it can be.. mc is a work in progress and sometimes when the time has come they change the number. but disappointed wifes etc can happen in a late 16 version as easy as in a early 17. so.. 8)
i really like this way of working btw.. we sit on top of it and are in for the whole ride... much better and interesting than waiting for some new final version each year hoping it gives something new/interesting and waiting for a few patches to get some bugs removed.

:)
gab

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

Well, seems like I can take the chance, then. :) Oh, and believe me, "honey" can go really bad... But of course you'll need a wife like mine and Kensn.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up