INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List improvements  (Read 729 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
List improvements
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:04:41 am »

Here are some things that I'd like to see in Gizmos list styles:

1. More information in a tile. Currently a thumbnail shows the info of the category you are browsing (ie. The album name at the Album level.) But it is most often truncated, and in multi-artist or muti-genre views it is hard to know who the artist is. For example, if I go to my Recent albums view I see a lot of albums called Symphony... but it is impossible to see who's symphony and what disc in the series it is if you don't have the album art and due to the truncation.

I suggest that we have list style switching. There should be Theater view style tiles which cover the whole width of the screen. At the album level, these tiles should contain the artist name in small size text above the album name. The album art could just be a small thumbnail left justified in the tile. The tiles should also expand height wise to prevent any kind of truncation.

2. At the file level info is separated by a bullet point. This is pretty ugly. I'd like to see similar formatting to my suggestion above. Disc/Track number could be far left, vertically centered. Artist name should be small and aligned to the top. The file name can be 1 or 2 points smaller than it is currently. Ideally the rating would be visible too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up