INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 Media Network repeats media types, and does not go any further into the tree  (Read 1633 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Bought my son a PS3 for his B-day - I have connected it to jriver media server, it shows the media subtypes...audio, video, images but when i click on any of them, it brings me deeper into the tree with a repeated audio, video, images, selection, if i click any of the 3, audio, images, video, it makes another duplicate tree.. Never allowing me to ever see files.

any suggestions?

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

In MC:  Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Add or configure DLNA Servers --> Add --> Playstation 3

In PS3: Brown in the X Bar to Video, Audio, Pic etc and then select the PS3 (not the Generic DLNA) MC Server.  The only "oddity" is that the PS3 will only show Videos under the Video even though the DLNA server will have options for Audio and Pics etc.
JRiver CEO Elect

bob

• Administrator

In MC:  Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Add or configure DLNA Servers --> Add --> Playstation 3

In PS3: Brown in the X Bar to Video, Audio, Pic etc and then select the PS3 (not the Generic DLNA) MC Server.  The only "oddity" is that the PS3 will only show Videos under the Video even though the DLNA server will have options for Audio and Pics etc.
And if you have an existing Generic server and you are not using it for anything else you can delete it.

Also, when you add the Playstation 3 server, do not turn on the WMC compat option under advanced. That's only for Xbox 360's. If you have both, you need to create 2 servers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up