INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category Images  (Read 1306 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Category Images
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:13:38 pm »

Any plans to generalize category images to categories other than Artist?

I believe currently it does not even work for Album Artist, and I would love to have category images for many different kind of custom tags, like genre, country, supporting artist, author, orchestra,tv series, director, ....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Category Images
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:52:00 pm »

Category images are also used for Series images, if you're into video.

Personally I'd rather see more tools to manage Artist and Series images before expanding to additional categories.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:55:43 am »

Personally I'd rather see more tools to manage Artist and Series images before expanding to additional categories.

I think that would be a good idea. More image types, and this could get rather messy. The problems we're facing today (my opinion):
- No control of where the image files are stored
- Image not getting synced to clients before viewed on server?
- Local storage of images (users will forget images when reinstalling computers and so on)

Setting path of images, so you can include it with media might correct all of this problems. You can point the files to your usual media folders, other clients can easily pick it up and the pictures does not have to be "used" on the servers before they are displayed and transferred to the client. Adding the naming scheme as well would enable users to control exactly where they want to store their image files, and this might make integration with other media systems a breeze.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:13:26 am »

better tools (i.e. connection to google image search or sharing image databases similar to coverart) would be certainly useful but generalizing the code base to support  multiple categories for advanced/intermediate users sounds like a low hanging fruit. All we would need is to have a separate image folder for each category. Defining paths for categories sounds good too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up