INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring MC17 setup to a new system  (Read 963 times)

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
Transferring MC17 setup to a new system
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:14 pm »

My old Win XP desktop up and died on me - I have access to the files but not the registry. When rebuilding my MC17 installation on my new Win 7 system, is it as simple as importing the last saved library instances?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Transferring MC17 setup to a new system
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:41:57 pm »

You can restore any recent MC backup you have.  This also restores settings from MC16 or MC17.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:20 am »

I had to restore my PC using Acronis yesterday.  When I started MC it wouldn't load my library.  I tried copying the database again by hand from the Acronis snapshot but the same thing.  Only thing that worked was restoring a backup which was a day old (and thus I lost a day's data)...

Given that Acronis uses a snapshot of my entire PC's state and everything else, including the OS works without issues, I am wondering what MC is doing at a low level that prevents me from simply copying my library files into place for use...?

I guess I was fortunate that the database was only one day old...

Shouldn't it be as easy as copying the raw library database files back into place...?

Cheers,

Mark

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:45:46 am »

So my new system is set up and I restored my Main Library with no issues, but my second library doesn't restore - it's empty. I have a separate backup for the second one as well, any suggestions? Thanks.

Update: Sorted it out, I had to open the empty second library before restoring it. I still had to remove an empty duplicate but it looks like everything worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up