INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picture keywords, add programmatically; Lightroom connection  (Read 1095 times)

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
Picture keywords, add programmatically; Lightroom connection
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:23 am »

How does one add Keywords to his pictures programmatically?

Say I come to a selection of files that has [People] tags. I wanna add everything that's in [People] (multiple entries for each file) as a nested keyword Models\[People].
If I do a =Models\[People] in the Keyword tag field I get the nested Models\ with the first entry from [People], for each file. As every file has more entries, the rest are added unnested, which is exactly what I DON'T want. So how do I do a, so to speak, list to nested list translation (if doable)?

Second thing. Looking at Lightroom. Is there any chance that whatever keywords I nest in MC I can teach Lightroom to nest them similarly if needed? Considering the nesting character in Lightroom is ">" and that the way the 'nesting' is stored and recognized from IPTC tags and the likes may not be the same.

Lastly, as an odd thing. How do you organize pictures that you didn't take? I mean if you took them, you have a lot of organized information to go by, precise date, place, who was there, theme, what type of job was it if you were a pro, etc. What do you do with the rest, especially if the rest are many (thousands)? Run them through Picasa and pray you gonna prevail over the 20000 faces (including the guy waving frantically while the photographer was aiming for Alessandra Ambrosio crossing the street)? Import the keywords in MC and try to work some logic?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Picture keywords, add programmatically; Lightroom connection
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:43 am »

Say I come to a selection of files that has [People] tags. I wanna add everything that's in [People] (multiple entries for each file) as a nested keyword Models\[People].
If I do a =Models\[People] in the Keyword tag field I get the nested Models\ with the first entry from [People], for each file. As every file has more entries, the rest are added unnested, which is exactly what I DON'T want. So how do I do a, so to speak, list to nested list translation (if doable)?
Try:
=Models\replace([people],; ,; Models\)

Daydream

Re: Picture keywords, add programmatically; Lightroom connection
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

Thank you Marko, it works!
Pages: [1]   Go Up