INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art discovery mechanism  (Read 1363 times)

LeoH

• World Citizen
Cover art discovery mechanism
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:31 pm »

Is there a way for MC-16 to automatically read cover art from a single jpeg or png file in the album folder? Lesser programs such as Winamp look for "folder.jpg" and display it but MC-16 does not seem to do that. Ideally, any image file found in an album folder should serve as album art so one can have named image files, e.g. "Rolling Stones-Beggar's Banquet.jpg", rather than just "folder.jpg". Further ideally, if more than one image file is present, perhaps the program could prompt for the one to use as the cover art. Such a feature set would be especially helpful when using 3D views.  Thanks.

- Leo

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art discovery mechanism
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:44:25 pm »

Is there a way for MC-16 to automatically read cover art from a single jpeg or png file in the album folder?

It should already do so—according to your Cover Art option settings. You can force it to update using Cover Art > Quick Find. If that doesn't work (e.g., because the cover you want is not named appropriately), add it manually using Add from file...

madfloyd

• Recent member
Re: Cover art discovery mechanism
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:43:33 am »

So I tried doing this and it didn't seem to work.  All the albums that rely on folder.jpg still show no cover art.

I'm guessing that this setting only applies to music added in the future and that to apply it to my existing library there's something else that needs to be done.

Hopefully that doesn't entail deleting the libraries and starting over.

Any advice appreciated!

Thx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up