INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.38 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 15947 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.38 Beta -- Available Here
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170038.exe

17.0.38 (11/18/2011)

1. Fixed: Video playback was impaired on some systems in build 37 due to DXCore debugging code.
2. Fixed: 'Get Movie & TV Info' wasn't working for television episodes numbers greater than 9.
3. Fixed: Make DLNA handle full URL paths for the control URLS. Was preventing the WhiteBear renderer from working.

17.0.37 (11/17/2011)

1. NEW: 'Get Movie Info' is now 'Get Movie & TV Info'; television episodes are looked up at TheTVDB.com.
2. Changed: 'Get Movie & TV Info' better sorts results by quality.
3. Fixed: Television tuner was left in "Undefined" status when recording ended or was canceled, if the recording was started when user was already watching the channel.  This would prevent subsequent recording on the same channel from taking place.
4. Fixed: Blu-ray playback from optical disc was broken in build 17.0.36.

17.0.36 (11/17/2011)

1. Changed: Removed verbose additional audio renderer logging that was added for a few builds to help track a problem.
2. NEW: Added support for SAMI (*.smi) external subtitles.
3. Fixed: When changing output formats between tracks, cases could arise where the output buffer played out on manual track switch instead of switching right away.

17.0.35 (11/16/2011)

1. Fixed: Playback of files converted to MP3 could fail on some DLNA devices.
2. Changed: When listing zones in the tree, remote zones are listed after local zones (with each sub-list of zones sorted by name).
3. Fixed: CD/DVD/BD ripping option "Play sound at end.." was not allowing a different sound to be chosen. Also is showed the wrong default sound directory on Windows 7.
4. Fixed: Uninstalling MC could also unregister an existing ffdshow installation.
5. NEW: Added a Playing Now > Overview view that appears when there's more than one zone that allows seeing all zones at once.
6. Changed: Television series artwork is downloaded as part of auto-import's 'Get cover art' option.
7. Changed: Artwork is no longer downloaded when loading the EPG (since the guide uses Internet images, and auto-import handles recordings).
8. Fixed: Existing television series images could get overwritten by auto-import in some cases.
9. Fixed: The Output Format option 'Source is correctly mastered for +10 dB calibration' was not being loaded properly by the options dialog.
10. Fixed: Text drawing could incorrectly break lines so that an opening parenthesis was on one line and the text after it was on the next line.
11. Fixed: Some Blu-ray titles would not play because Media Center was interpreting the playlist data wrong.
12. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.79.
13. Changed: When updating madVR, Media Center no longer wipes out existing *.3dlut and *.bin files.

17.0.34 (11/14/2011)

1. Fixed: The install could should an error about TiVo components that are no longer needed.
2. Fixed: Subtitles could stick on the screen.
3. Changed: Carnac improvements when dealing with values that use periods instead of spaces to delimit words.
4. Changed: Numeric season and episode numbers will be padded to two digits (using leading zeros as necessary) when building a filename with 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files...'.
5. NEW: Added option to 'Remove leading zeros' from the Clean File Properties tool (useful for cleaning up season and episode numbers).
6. Fixed: Check for updates was not working properly with build 33.
7. NEW: Typed navigation in lists or Theater View honors the user setting for ignoring articles (Options > Tree & View > Sorting).
8. NEW: Added support for Page Up / Page Down while editing in the Tag Action Window to move between files in a list.
9. Changed: More tweaking to the DLNA nested control fix from builds 29, 30 and 33. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.
10. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.78.

17.0.33 (11/11/2011)

1. Faster: Expression language is faster when dealing with fields (as a result, it's no longer supported to nest functions inside the Field(...) function).
2. Changed: Zones are sorted by name in the tree.
3. Fixed: Conversion of audio for DLNA and Gizmo could sporadically fail with the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Jitter in the high-precision system timer could cause video playback failures (applies to dual-core AMD machines on XP, possibly others).
5. Fixed: DVB-T2 television channels (with AAC audio) did not play.
6. Fixed: Setting a relational database field could fail to set all members of the relationship in rare cases.
7. NEW: TiVo beacon generated internally by MC, solves problems with the TiVo's unsupported beacon API not working on some newer versions of windows.
8. NEW: Remark (REM) statements in CUE files are now handled as meta-data. Currently COMMENT, DATE, GENRE are supported.
9. Fixed: On screen display text was incorrectly all drawing as bold.
10. Changed: The Theater View file list always shows at least two thumbnails horizontally and vertically, regardless of the size setting and ideal thumbnail image aspect ratio.
11. SDK: Seeking a video using the web service (MCWS) could lead to problems.
12. SDK: Improved MCWS/v1/Library/Values so it can return all values for a given field or search any number of fields for matches.
13. Fixed: Remote control keystrokes sent to Media Center from a system like Girder might have been disabled while a pop-up was being displayed.
14. Changed: Subtitle images are delivered to EVR from the main thread (fixes possible hangs when detaching or sizing EVR while subtitles were going).
15. Fixed: AAC MediaType was specified incorrectly so Hauppauge Colossus video capture device did not have sound.
16. Changed: Updated to version .39 of LAV audio, video and splitter directshow filters. Improved seeking on Mpeg-2 and VC-1 files, and playback of raw H.264.
17. Changed: Carnac assumes that a file with a television recording extension that's over 70 minutes is a movie instead of a television show.
18. Changed: Carnac deals with the uncapitalized word "not" from SageTV naming better.
19. Changed: More tweaking to the DLNA nested control fix from builds 29 and 30. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.

17.0.32 (11/9/2011)

1. Fixed: When installing an update on a non-administrative account the prompted for a different username and password to run the install, the program could report an error when starting after the update.
2. Faster: Holding Shift+PgDown in a list is much faster, especially in a large list.
3. Changed: Improved ts recording of digital television.
4. Faster: Import works 4 files at a time instead of 2 files at a time (background auto-import still works 1 file at a time since it's designed to have a small footprint and run in the background).
5. Faster: Tag reading is faster for all file types.
6. Faster: ID3v2 parsing is faster.
7. Faster: The I/O pattern used for analyzing MP3 files is more efficient -- making MP3 import up to twice as fast.
8. Changed: The core filename functions better support filenames in the form "file://C:/My%20Music/1.mp3".
9. Changed: Expressions that work on filenames better handle portable install filenames like "(Install Drive):\1.mp3".
10. Changed: Audio type is set to AAC when building a playback graph with Hauppauge Colossus video capture device.
11. Fixed: Theater View weather was using Fahrenheit for the Google source, even if Celsius was selected.
12. Changed: Revised how text-based subtitle sizing is performed so that it's more consistent across differing fonts, DPIs, etc.
13. Fixed: The vertical position of SSA subtitles was not correct in some cases.
14. Changed: Added support for vertical text with SSA subtitles.
15. Changed: SSA subtitle support honors the scale and font size of the styles section (font size is scaled relative to median font size used in the styles section).
16. Fixed: Videos that used non-square pixels would display with the incorrect aspect ratio when played using Gizmo on Android.

17.0.31 (11/8/2011)

1. Fixed: The list on the left of DSP Studio was not working properly.

17.0.30 (11/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Entering an out-of-bounds value into the Parametric Equalizer's 'Adjust a frequency' filter could cause problems.
2. Fixed: Remote control playback buttons broken for one build.
3. Fixed: Filesize was not getting filled in correctly for Blu-ray titles.
4. Changed: Replay Gain 'Automatic adjustment' mode uses the 95th percentile so that outliers that are extremely quiet don't cause an entire playlist to have its volume reduced too much.
5. NEW: ASIO outputs a little silence when stopping so that hardware that plays its last buffer on the next start won't click.  About 1/4 of a second.
6. Fixed: Movie name field not being set correctly for DVD/Blu-ray titles on the original disc.
7. Faster: Grouping of path-style fields like keywords, location, etc. in panes and category views is faster.
8. Changed: Removed Weather.com weather from Theater View due to business model changes by Weather.com (use NOAA and Google instead).
9. Changed: Improved handling of MPEG-4 video and AAC audio in digital television.
10. Changed: Improved analysis of DVD's on import so FPS, bitrate, resolution, etc. are now shown correctly.
11. Changed: Revised ASIO playback flow when starting DSD playback based on feedback from Playback Designs.
12. Fixed: XMLTV parsing would only load one channel if the channels and programs were interlaced in the XML.
13. Fixed: When playback of a video finished and it returned to Theater View, the monitor could immediately go to sleep in rare cases.
14. Changed: Changing values using the new Tag on Import feature will update file tags to match the changes made.
15. NEW: Audio and video types (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AC3, AAC, H.264) can be selected during manual editing of television channels. Applicable to DVB-T only.
16: Fixed: Tweak DLNA nested control fix from version 29. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re: Media Center 17.0.38 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:06:45 am »

1. NEW: 'Get Movie Info' is now 'Get Movie & TV Info'; television episodes are looked up at TheTVDB.com.

Thanks for that. However i like to use a specific naming scheme for the shows i keep in my collection, something like [Season]x[episode] - [Name] (eg. 1x6 - Nightfall). Fetching information from tvdb no longer honors my naming scheme and replaces it with just the name of the episode. Although i do like all the nice info and art this tool gets for me, i want a way to make sure it will not mess with my personal preferences.

On a another note, i still get crashes while watching mpeg4 channels over dvb-t with ROHQ (ROStandard works fine)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 11:07:28 am »

...i like to use a specific naming scheme for the shows i keep in my collection, something like [Season]x[episode] - [Name] (eg. 1x6 - Nightfall). Fetching information from tvdb no longer honors my naming scheme and replaces it with just the name of the episode...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.  I don't see it changing anything in my setup.  I have my tags like so...

[Episode] = 6
[Name] = Nightfall
[Season] = 1
[Series] = Terra Nova

[Filename] = Terra Nova - s01e06 - Nightfall.mkv

Using this method found the correct show, updated tags that were previously blank, and left all of the above alone, just as I expected it would.

I suspect you have...

[Name] = 1x6 - Nightfall, which I would argue is just incorrect, the Name of this video is actually "Nightfall", and the 1x6 are really other tags that don't belong in the name field, IMO.  They can/should be in the filename, as I have above, but in MC, I don't think they belong in the Name field/tag.

I just tested this file, and it also worked as expected.

You can force MC to rename your files to match this by using "Rename, Move, & Copy files..." [Season]x[Episode] - [Name] and your filenames will then match what you have above, but it's based on you having "correct" tags in MC, as I have above.
pretend this is something funny

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 11:45:44 am »

I guess you're right, JustinChase. What i had used in my set up was:

Pre-defined folders per series/season/ using Auto tag on import to "read" those S01E04 and so on tags, into actual MC database fields, while using [Season]x[Episode] - [Name] as a name. I used that on quite a few hundreds of files and it worked good. In my case, using the "get tv show info" would fetch the missing tags for me, such as description, critics score etc.

After giving it a thought, it's not a problem at all, since i can re-achieve the naming scheme i had, by using [Season]x[Episode] - [Name] as a column expression and still allow me to get tv info without problems, or just scrap that all together and use a proper column setup such as "Series -> season -> episode -> name". That reply i did earlier, was mostly due to panic, in the sight of losing my tags:P

What i can't find right now though, is how to batch get info for let's say a whole season of a particular show. Since having a lot of tv series into my hard drives, it's a PITA to right click each and every file in order to get tv show info.

[offtopic]
Terra nova is a nice show, despite the low rating people give to it :P
[/offtopic]

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 12:17:55 pm »

What i can't find right now though, is how to batch get info for let's say a whole season of a particular show. Since having a lot of tv series into my hard drives, it's a PITA to right click each and every file in order to get tv show info.

[offtopic]
Terra nova is a nice show, despite the low rating people give to it :P
[/offtopic]

I'm glad I could help.  MC is doing a very good job of extracting the seasonal info from tags upon import now, so you might just let it handle that part now, and scrap your custom import rules.

Unfortunately, there is no way to update a whole series/season right now, but it's on their plate.  Matt's just trying to figure out a good way to implement it.  I will likely wait another week or 2 before doing them all by hand.  I did one season, and that's more effort than I think it's worth right now.

RE: Terra Nova - I enjoy it too :)

endrea

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:00:46 am »

Hi
I have installed the 17.0.38 edition of JRriver today. There was a huge drop in sound quality when I started to play music via this new update.
The sound was less organic, less 3D, more upfront/aggressive.
I re-installed the 17.0.27 edition, and will use this version untill the release of a new version that has the same or better sound quality than the 17.0.27 version.
Regards
Endre
Norway

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 07:01:36 am »

Unless your settings changed, that's hard to believe.  Turn off all DSP to test.

endrea

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 02:45:54 pm »

Hi Jim
New test has been carried out. DSP has not been enabled during the test.
My conclusion is still the same. 17.0.27 is superior in sound quality compared to 17.0.38.
Regards
Endre
Norway

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »

I'm getting a lot of "glitching" (not reported as frame drops or repeats) using madVR with the new nVidia drivers and Red October's default settings. Manually changing madvr to automatically switch to exclusive mode fixes the problem.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 06:48:42 am »

I'm getting a lot of "glitching" (not reported as frame drops or repeats) using madVR with the new nVidia drivers and Red October's default settings. Manually changing madvr to automatically switch to exclusive mode fixes the problem.
I have experienced that a lot with all versions of madVR in window mode. For that reason, I always use exclusive mode. If I should guess, this is more a number-crunching capacity issue than MC related as such.

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:41:07 am »

hi

I have started using DLNA with an Oppo BD93 - it works fine and also shows coverart. With the latest updatest my oppo canīt read cue-files anymore.

It used to read cue files showing track index and also covert - this has stopped.

Can you help me here ??

all the best
Frank/denmark

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 10:39:44 am »

Is there a Seq field display sequence numbering bug in the playlist display?  When clicking on the Seq column to sort playlist by load order it does not sort as though there are leading zeros in the numbers.  So song 100 is listed after song 9 and song 10 is listed after song 109, etc.

This is happening on just one playlist so far I can see.  I checked other playlists large and small and the sort ok.  What could be causing the sort problem?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 07:48:35 pm »

Windows merit based playback doesn't work, and hasn't for a while now.

I know RO is the way forward, but it would still be nice if DirectShow was fully functional, for testing purposes on occasion. :)

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 02:28:43 am »

Facebook still asks to login each time disrespecting "Keep me logged in" option.
I'm wondering - guys, is it so hard to preserve cookies between sessions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 06:51:33 am »

Facebook still asks to login each time disrespecting "Keep me logged in" option.
I'm wondering - guys, is it so hard to preserve cookies between sessions?
I think that's up to facebook, but try using a browser to do the same and see what happens.   Please start a new thread if you need to discuss it.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 12:44:33 pm »

Sometimes, the cross-fade to switch tracks encounter some buffer issues... then there is no longer a cross-fade performed.

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 01:06:23 pm »

Is there an input file max size for conversion to mp3?
I get a conversion failed error with wav's over 1gb

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:46 am »

Sort by sequence number in playing now is broken? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,100,101,102...109,10,110,11,111,112,113...

BrianD

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 06:02:45 am »

An overnight TV scheduled recording did not change to the channel to be recorded and the next morning I found the popup message box waiting for me to acknowledge the channel change albeit to late to record the show.  I think MC should detect if the TV is currently active in Playing Now for any zone and if not then it should change channels automatically to start recording and only prompt if a different channel is currently being watched.

Also, it would be good to see the date as well as time in the EPG Grid.  I have EPG data updating for 2 weeks ahead and when scrolling forward it is hard to know what day or week I am looking at.  And lastly in the same EPG grid it would be great to see the current time as is shown on the Home Menu screen of theatre view (maybe it could be moved to the top left of the title bar.) 

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 06:42:40 am »

I have found all my .mid files under Video node in the main MC tree. Any ideas why?

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 07:06:47 am »

MC still doesn't have an option to prevent display from sleeping when playing music. It makes unusable HDMI connection because sound also stops when display goes to sleep after a period of inactivity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up