INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem controlling DLNA device - my JRiver ID  (Read 7253 times)

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem controlling DLNA device - my JRiver ID
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:59 pm »

My ID had been turned off for a couple of months and when I tried to use it recently I get a "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device." error.  The ID does show up as a device in the Playing Now tree and other DLNA devices work OK on the network.

I am running MC 17.0.38 on the MC server. The DLNA server settings are set to the JRiver Id defaults. I have tried various config settings DLNA on/off, conversion on/off, etc. but I always get the same error.

I can see the ID's registration in the wireless access point.  Signal is 100%  I can logon to the ID's web server and see the "DLNA Speaker" home page.  The firmware upgrade page lists the version as 1.0 and the firmware as Current Firmware Date: 五 12月 10 11:45:34 CST 2010.  That it a strange firmware date.  Could that indicate that the firmware load is corrupt?

Matt

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem controlling DLNA device - my JRiver ID
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:06:24 pm »

The firmware date is OK.

I assume you tried power-cycling the ID after making changes. DLNA devices can get in weird states sometimes.
Are you using a generic DLNA profile? What's in your Add or Configure DLNA servers->options for Audio? Not knowing your source material format I'd suggest taking the default "convert when necessary" to "medium bandwidth mp3". Make sure WMC Compat isn't set in Advanced options. If you were just using a generic dnla server profile you could try deleting it and re-adding it...

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am using a "JRiver Id" DLNA profile for the DLNA server.  Most of the library is FLAC with some MP3's. Same problem with both.  I tried "convert when necessary". WMC Compatibility is off. I have deleted DLNA profiles and started all over.  I reboot the ID after every change.  ?

Matt

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am using a "JRiver Id" DLNA profile for the DLNA server.  Most of the library is FLAC with some MP3's. Same problem with both.  I tried "convert when necessary". WMC Compatibility is off. I have deleted DLNA profiles and started all over.  I reboot the ID after every change.  ?

Matt
Perhaps there is something broken in 17.0.38 with the ID. We are generally all running beta versions here. I'll give it try with my ID at home this weekend...

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

That seems to have been it.  I upgraded to 17.0.46 and it works now.

Thanks,
Matt

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 09:36:07 am »

That seems to have been it.  I upgraded to 17.0.46 and it works now.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks for the report back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up