INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video FPS detection  (Read 6671 times)

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
Video FPS detection
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »

I know there were a couple of topics on the MC16 board a few months back about this. I don't know if this entry on the list of changes for beta 46

6. NEW: Rewritten video import -- gets compression and frame rate for almost all videos and runs around 40% faster.

was supposed to help, but I'm still having problems with the FPS field. I did a 'refresh library from tags' for all the target files, after installing beta 46. The resulting FPS contains every 'normal' (or not) FPS value a number of times. 12 entries for '25', 28 for '29.97' and so on.

If I build a smartlist and aim for list all videos with FPS = 25 I get a number that does not much the number of videos shown if I select in Standard view all the '25' in the FPS field.

It's unmanageable if I wanna make a decision based on framerate (say create folders with PAL content, as a random example).

What's going on, that FPS value is detected with a various number of decimals, rounded up for display purposes to 2 decimals, but internally MC thinks they have that just a bit different FPS, hence showing an entry for each? For all the files that MC puts in multiple 25 or 29.97 entries, MediaInfo detects the same, consistent value, either 25.000 for all '25', or 29.970 for all '29.70'. So why multiple entries in MC? Are these values returned from the header of files or after being sent through a DirectShow chain?

stewart_pk

Re: Video FPS detection
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:00:26 am »

I deleted all video from my library (not the actual files) and re-imported it. All of my PAL content seems to have been detected as PAL and the FPS field set to 25.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Video FPS detection
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:52:32 am »

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com, with a link to this thread and the name of the Smartlist I should look at to see the issue?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up