INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error with playback on Colossus PVR  (Read 2963 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Error with playback on Colossus PVR
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »

I know JRiver has been working on some issues with the Hauppage Colossus PVR. I thought I'd give it another try - but still having issues.
I'm running version 17.0.046.
I am able to setup the Colossus, download the guide data, and schedule recordings without any problems. I can see that the recordings are occuring but I can't play them back.
I get an error "Failed to connect Auido decoder to source/splitter" message. i tried playback on several computers and with different audio settings.

I attached the log.

Also, probably not related but still a concern: When I'm recording a show on the Colossus and I select "watch", I get a blank screen but can hear the sound. This may be just the way the Colossus works as I do not have the pass-throught cables hooked up (not sure if I need to). My connection is HDMI from Sat box directly into Colossus.

Thanks

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Error with playback on Colossus PVR
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:25:46 pm »

If you are using ROHQ try RO. There is an issue with ROHQ playing .jtr files.

If it works okay with RO then either I or Sandy B Ridge can probably help you get it going in ROHQ.

Rod

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:16 am »

I tried to play back recording on HTPC running RO. But machine that did recording is setup as RO+HQ. I'll change that machine to RO and see if issue is created during recording - or if it is just an issue during playback.
Maybe log will show where problem is.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:19 am »

I don't think the recording path is different between RO and ROHQ. Do you know what format the video & audio are from the Colossus (such a great name!).
If it is Dolby/AC3, there's a little tickbox in the 'Edit channels' box, you could try and toggle that.

LAV Audio should be able to connect the pins for that though.

What I would do next is add in a manual copy of LAV Audio (if audio is the problem) and fiddle with the settings. If that doesn't connect, then try ffdshow audio decoder. The log would probably be helpful to determine why it fails to connect. It's just odd that you get audio and no video when timeshifting and a failure of audio to connect when just playing back the recording.

What happens if you change tv recording to ts rather than jtv? Can you play back a recording then?

SBR

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:28 am »

I just looked on the colossus website:
audio is either AC3 (from AC3 source) and AAC from PCM source.

I wonder if it is the jtvreader that's having trouble with the AAC? Have you any AC3 channels to try (and do you get the same result?). The issue may be the difference between HE-AAC (which is DVB standard) and normal non framepacked AAC which the Colossus may output. LAV Audio handles both perfectly well in ts files, but the filter graph may be built differently for jtv files. Not sure. 

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:47:44 am »

Thanks to Sandy and Rod for helping.

The Colossus uses AAC unless the source is AC3.  Therefore in MC we set the audio type to AAC.  This is different from the HD PVR where the audio type is set to AC3 by default.  I am still working on dynamically switching the two formats.

There seems to be a problem with the AAC format specification.  The last time I tested,  it seemed to work  :(

I will make some changes.  In the meantime you may try specifying Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 10:18:29 am »

I just installed the latest version 0.47 with your fix for the Colossus. So far everything is working.
I only made a single recording so far, but the picture and sound are perfect.
Thanks for taking care of this so quickly.
 ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up