INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Hide Nav Controls?  (Read 1469 times)

babgvant

• Galactic Citizen
Auto Hide Nav Controls?
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:56 am »

Is there a way to automatically hide the static navigation controls during music playback?  I prefer the album/artist art slide show to the visualizations, but worry that the static elements will create some IR on my TV during extended listening.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Hide Nav Controls?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:59:07 am »

Is there a way to automatically hide the static navigation controls during music playback?  I prefer the album/artist art slide show to the visualizations, but worry that the static elements will create some IR on my TV during extended listening.

+1

I think there have been a few other requests along these lines eg. fadeout of the text elements.

My TV is a plasma, so I have it set to a black screen screensaver after a short interval. Sometimes I get confused though when I have no music playing and think the PC has gone to sleep, so I hit the power button on the remote and immediately puts it to sleep! Doh!

SBR

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »

+1

I agree that 99.9% of the time they are not needed.  I run my HTPC via my wireless mouse so it would be great if the text would disappear when the mouse pointer does and returns with the pointer does. 

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:01:55 pm »

+3

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:48:35 pm »

+4

Apart from the burn in thing, I think it would look nice too having a slideshow with no title or nav controls during music playback. They could bounce back to life with a click of the arrow keys or moving the mouse.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »

An option to hide them would be nice....
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up