INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ Live TV is not centered  (Read 963 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Red October HQ Live TV is not centered
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:21:18 pm »

I just noticed while watching a standard definition program that the black bar on the left was wider than the black bar on the right. It's possible this is a new problem with .50, but it's also possible I haven't noticed before since I don't watch much SD.

Red October Standard does not exhibit this problem. WMC does not exhibit this problem.

I'm not sure if the problem affects HD programs (it could be that there is sufficient overscan in the signal that it still takes up the whole screen when shifted right). The other night I noticed that HD football had a small horizontal black bar at the top, like the whole screen was shifted down, but that might have been NBC's fault - I forget the details and I forget if I checked it against WMC or not.

This may or may not be related to the issue I've always had where SD programs show noise at the top edge of the picture when using RO HQ even when I have the "Crop edges to remove visual noise" box checked.

This happens on two separate computers (one NVidia, one AMD).

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Red October HQ Live TV is not centered
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:38:02 am »

By default, WMC overscans and pushes the edges off the screen unless you have done the registry edits to prevent this.  It is possible they are there in the actual broadcast.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:11 am »

There's a bug with the current madVR with regards to positioning in some cases.

For now, use Red October Standard.

Hopefully there'll be an updated madVR before long.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:17 am »

Thanks. When the madVR position issue is resolved, I will let you know if the noise at the top of the picture in standard def still exists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up