INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ displays different bitrates according the windows for the same file  (Read 752 times)

Michel

Some MPC file bitrates are wrongly displayed in media library screen but they are rightly displayed in the properties screen (format tab).

For example: 52 in media screen, 196,5 in properties screen.

Michel

The problem is not only mpc format related: it is the same things for a few MP3 files (encoded with the same encoder as the others though).

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.

Michel:
If it's possible, please send me one of the offending MPC files. My email address is mike@naivesoftware.com.

Thanks

Michel

> If it's possible, please send me one of the offending MPC files ?

No, because they disapeared ! I removed the tag of all my songs and I rewrote them from MJ database. Now all bitrates are displayed right...

I can suppose that some tags were written wrong by the encoder (?) but that doesn't explain why the bitrate column value (in main screen) was sometimes different as this one into the format properties tab of the same file. I feel that it is not the same code to check the bitrate value in both cases.

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.

The bitrates should be within |PLS|/- 1 of one another. The code is identical, except for the Media View I'm rounding to the nearest whole number. If you can reproduce it, I'd like to know the steps so I can determine if it's a coding/calculation error on my part.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up