INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total album and song count display  (Read 1154 times)

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Total album and song count display
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:55:05 am »

The Meridian sooloos has on their GUI screen the total number of albums and/or songs that you have in your library. I know there are a thousand ways to find this bit of info, but is there any way this may make it into the MC build? Is there enough interest in knowing how many albums you have by having it displayed right on the display? IMO I think it would be a useful feature.

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Total album and song count display
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:00:33 am »

Hi Jimmy,

Have you tried putting your file list in to "Album Thumbnail" style? When you do that, the info you're after is right there, on display in the status bar...

Hover over the view header entry at the top of the view until the menu appears, then go "List Style > Album Thumbnails"

-marko

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »

Thanks Marko, I know about that way. I was just wondering if maybe it should be in constant view like the SooLoos. It's no big deal and certainly isin't a deal breaker or anything. just a thought I had as I was looking at the SooLoos GUI. It sure is pretty. I really like the views on MC17, though I wish the navigation buttons and scroll bars had an option to widen them up a bit for people who use a touchscreen monitor to control MC. Right now you can't even touch the upper left corner "back" arrow with your finger because it's too small to register on the touchscreen fully, the the right scroll UP and DOWN buttons, as well as the scroll bar are just too small.

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:57 pm »

Another workaround for you...

Split your view into two, by rows:

View > Split View > Show 2 Views
  View > Split View > Rows

Now, re-size the bottom row as small as you want.  In that view, show a panes view scheme that includes Albums, Album Artist (auto) (or Album Artist or Artist, to your needs), Names, and whatever else you want stats for.  The All ... entries for each column are your totals.

Alternatively,

View > Split View > Rows

and use a view scheme that displays panes on the left.

Either of these can be really useful, as you can have panes and a file list in one view, and panes and thumbnails in another for the best of both words.

Now, you can lock that view:

View > Split View > Lock View 2

and your stats will remain at the bottom.  It is a little less elegant, but might be ok for now...

Ask if you need help/screenshots.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up