INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a bit of help..  (Read 1505 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Need a bit of help..
« on: December 11, 2011, 03:17:53 pm »

Please can you help..

I've got my Album Thumbnail view, that is sorted by [Default]. This way it seems to sort all the thumbnails by Album Artist and then Year I think, which I like and want to keep..

My problem is that I have a publisher pane, when I select a publisher it is still organised by Album Artist.. I would like it to sort by year as I am viewing by publisher..

The only other ways I can think of changing this is to either have a view scheme dedicated to publisher or make another pane that is a search list that will contain sorting options, both options I'd rather rule out..

Thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Need a bit of help..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 04:26:58 pm »

I'm a little confused - is this a Categories view, or a Pane view that were discussing?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

locust

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »

It's a panes view

MrC

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »

Ah, in that case, right-click the pane, Edit, and set the Sorting.  If there is not a field there you want, you can add a custom sort preset.

locust

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:00:11 pm »

Thanks MrC

I get this when I try and view that thread

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Could you either set me up with the appropriate permissions or pm me a copy of the thread?

Thanks again

locust

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »

I think I managed to do what you were saying (Minus seeing the thread) but it re-orders the contents of the pane not the contents a pane selection generates.

When no selections in any panes are made or if selections are made in any pane except the publisher pane, I'd like everything to be organised A/Z by Album Artist and then Year - Album Ascending.. But as soon as a publisher selection is made I'd like the view to only sort by Year - Album ascending if that's possible..

It just seems really weird to view publisher sorted by any other means..

Thanks

MrC

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »

from the thread I referenced:

Go to the pane's tab, and select Sort Inside Groups By and then select Custom.  Add your SortID.  Then select Preset and Save as something like "by SortID".  You now have created a custom sort order that you can use elsewhere.

Now, in your pane column header, Edit and set the Sorting to "by SortID".  

For the file list below, use Set rules for file display... and set up the sort order you want under Modify Results > Sort by.

The sort order doesn't change because you select something above in the pane.  You'll need a new view for that, or add a Publisher pane column.

locust

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »

I guess I'll live with it, I'm trying limit the amount of view schemes I have and think it isn't worth the extra view scheme. I only recently noticed it anyway.. I just find viewing a label sorted like that kind of strange..

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up