INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about adding an MC Client as DLNA Play Destination for Gizmo  (Read 1223 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen

I have an MC server and I have an HTPC with an MC client that can play content from the server. I'm able to successfully connect to the server with Gizmo and view and play content. I'd like to be able to browse content with Gizmo and play it to the HTPC. Currently, the HTPC does not show up as a Play To choice in Gizmo.

My guess is to check the "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" box on the HTPC MC Client. I'm a little concerned about the "share this library" part, though. I have no need to share anything because all content is already available. Also, what does it mean by "this library"? The HTPC's local library (which has nothing in it and isn't even loaded), or the loaded library (which is already being shared by the server it actually exists on)? Regardless of which is the correct answer, it doesn't seem like something I actually want to do if it's not necessary to get the DLNA functionality.

If there's an entirely better way to do what I'm trying to do, I'm open to that. Thanks.

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Questions about adding an MC Client as DLNA Play Destination for Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »

Greg, I think this is the only way to do it. The 'share library' and 'enable DLNA' features are bundled into the one checkbox.

For Gizmo, the available library is the one connected to the Access key. At long as you keep using the access key for the MC Server, that's the library that will be available to you.

If anyone has a better way, feel free to contradict me.

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Questions about adding an MC Client as DLNA Play Destination for Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »

You are right, that is what you have to do. You could select the advanced section in there as well and tell your htpc what dlna role it should have. You could just select the renderer role, then it will not publish its empty library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up