INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Library Print outs  (Read 928 times)

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Library Print outs
« on: May 18, 2002, 11:15:23 am »

Hi all:
Just wondering, is there any way to print a report that shows what artist/albums are resident in the library? I know I can print the Artist/Album view, but you get multiple lines for each song on the album. All I want is a report detailing the artist, listed once with all associated albums listed underneath. I want to use this as a reference as I add my cd collection to MJ so I know what I have or haven't loaded inoto the library. MJ is at back of house, my cd collection is store in the front room. A redefined reports section under TOOLS might be a nice future addition to the product.

Another option would be to access the database directly and design my reports manually - what format is the database anyway or is it a special inhouse gizmo?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Media Library Print outs
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 01:12:44 pm »

Have you looked at the export options under file?  They might help.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

dpbeatley

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2002, 10:03:31 pm »

Hi Jim:
Tried the export options - you still get multiple lines for each track in an album. The output is too long (100pgs) to use as a reference list to determine what CD's from my collection need to be loaded into MJ. The output is long due to the fact that there is a line for every track in the library. SO what you end up with is ARTIST X ALBUM A listed as many times as there are tracks on the album. Even if I use EXPORT SELECTED FIELDS ONLY (that is "artist" & "album title"), What I was looking for was a rather simple report that lists each artist, then underneath a list of album titles for that artist. This produces a short and sweet listing of my MJ library. If it is of use to the majority of MJ users, a report designer might be in order - but to keep down the size of MJ itself, it could be a standalone app. Just my .02.

In my case, I take my laptop (wireless connection) into the room where I store my CD's, and use media server to look at my main MJ library stored on my server. But for those not so equiped, a reporting module might be usefull.

Dennis

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2002, 10:13:03 pm »

Dennis,

If you have a look at Album View it has a rudimentary reporting module.

One of the reports is a bitrate overview which list all albums, and their associated artist, along with the min/max bitrate.

You can export this report.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 10:15:57 pm »

You may want to select all your files, right-click, and pick "Statistics..."

It may have what you're looking for.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center