INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant find all playback servers in Gizmo  (Read 895 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Cant find all playback servers in Gizmo
« on: December 14, 2011, 03:48:36 pm »

First a short description on my setup.

I have MC16 installed on a server that shares my files.
I have tablet computer (Android) running Gizmo.
The connection between these two works fine and the server shows up in Gizmo.

Recently I installed MC16 on a PC in my living room and I set this as a 2nd server and I got an Access key. This server also shows up in Gizmo on my tablet computer as a server.

My problem is that I want this new server to also show up as a playback device, but it doesn't. My first server shows up here but not the 2nd one.

Any help is much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cant find all playback servers in Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:33:31 pm »

On the second server, check the settings for DLNA.  It must be a DLNA Renderer to play to it.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »

Thanks Jim

On my second server I have checked the "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA".

I have compared the settings under Media Network between the two computers and they are the same.

When enabled the new server I got some error message. Unfortunately I didn't write it down but it was something about that there was already "a library" or "a server" on the network. Do I need to buy a second MC licence to my new server?

One other thing is that the computers are on different switches (routers) but as the new server show up on my tablet computer and I can access I don't think that that is the problem. It just doesn't show up as a playback device.

Thanks for any more advice

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »

Hello again

I just want to reply if someone got the same problem. To pinpoint the problem I removed my 2nd server and switched it for 1st server. And there was no problem with playback even though it was connected to a different router.

So the conclusion of this might be:
1 There was something with my setting in MC on the 2nd server which I couldn't find.
2 The 2nd server was an Win XP PC and all the rest in my network is Win 7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up