INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote ver 1.0.2  (Read 1122 times)

Sixpack

Web Remote ver 1.0.2
« on: May 18, 2002, 11:07:54 am »

I had reported a bug in the beta of the Web Remote plug-in in that Netscape and Voyager Browsers were not able to connect to MJ.  A subsequent release resolved that issue, however the bug has resurfaced in the latest Web Remote version (1.0.2).  looks like the bug fix did not make it over to the new release.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Web Remote ver 1.0.2
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2002, 09:46:46 pm »

Thanks Sixpack, we'll take a look.

And try to hang with us on the Web Remote, because it has a lot of potential, but it may be a while before it's fully realized...

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
  • network admincomputers, dogs, tattoos
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 08:10:20 am »

Agreed that web remote has a lot of potential, hopefully the guys at MJ will fix it.  Here are some suggestions.
Put all the controls on one page, not linked to seperate page, nice to have everything from one page and not have to navigate through links.

Fix the volume control.

Come up with a nicer page design, come on guys get a little creative!

For those of us with home networks it's a great feature, being able to control everything from a web page.  It's great when I'm in the kitchen for example and the phone rings being able to pause the play, etc.

As always thanks guys, you do a great job.
Brian

ChrisS

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 08:31:37 am »

I've just installed the Web Remote plugin. However, can someone point me to documentation on how it use it? Like, is there a URL and port I need to specify to connect to it?

Thanks,
Chris

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 08:43:42 am »

You have to open it under plugins in the tree, then press start server, then connect to it with a browser, giving the IP address as the link.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 08:44:03 am »

Frist of all you have make sure it's running in both the plug in manager and in the player it's self (menu to the left of the play list, click on plug-in, then web remote, start server).  The url you would use is the url of the host machine, for example on my network my primary workstation is configured to 192.168.1.2, the web remote uses port 80, the default port for web browsing so you shouldn't need to add port info to the URL. So I just enter http://192.168.1.2 in the address bar of IE on my other machines and the remote page comes up. However if your machine doesn't have a fixed IP you have to figure out what IP has been assigned to it.  Also if you are using a firewall make sure it allows traffic on your LAN.
Brian
Brian

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 11:29:18 am »

Just a suggestion, but if you guys do redesign the web control page, you might want to consider doing it as a framed page, with the controls in one frame, and the media library in the other frame.

Ever yours!
Brian

Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 08:43:22 am »

Player controls on the same page would be great and the ability to build a play list.  There is certainly room of aesthetics but I really like the minimalist approach.  One of the things that I REALLY like about MJ is the file structure to display music from different perspectives.  Many of the competing players are way too busy with very little room for content.  The Web controls open up all kind of options for remote control and display.  PDA, touchscreens on the wall and IAppliances.  Busy screens on small displays are hard to navigate around and detract from the main objective.
Pages: [1]   Go Up