INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 281301 times)

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

Hi Lespaul,

I don't think I'm doing anything unique. Like I said in previous post, I also have Bitremote, My Remote and Web Gizmo, none of which have ever had any type of issues with covers. I also used to run a Squeezebox Duet off the same server with no issues either.

Here's one post I remember where other's were having similar problem, which is what led me to believe this was being corrected in the latest release:

"Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2012, 09:48:57 am » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: a.diabelli on January 31, 2012, 09:08:39 am
I'm experimenting a problem using JRiver in this config:
•"Server 1" used as library server
•"PC 2" connect directly to the hi-fi sytem using "Server 1" as library server

Both of them are in the last stable version (17.0.068)...

I connect JRemote to PC 2 and I'm able to navigate the whole library and use the app without any problem, except in playing now where the screen doesn't show the cover art (all the other infos are displayed correctly...)
Since I've introduced the new HW configuration and the JRiver SW upgrade at the same time I don't know if it's a problem of the JRiver upgrade or a JRemote bug... Any help?

Thanks,
Marco

(Sorry for my not so good english!)

Marco - did you ever resolve this?  I have the same configuration and i'm having the same issue with no cover art on the Playing Now screen (MC17.122)."

I don't know of anything else that may help.

Bill

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2012, 05:48:19 pm »

How big are your album arts?  Perhaps the iPod has a limit to these?

I certainly notice that HUGE art, over 1MB or so, take a few seconds to pop up in Playing Now.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2012, 06:02:29 pm »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response.

I'm actually pretty anal about my artwork/covers. Every cover is resized in photoshop to 6"x6" @72 pixels/inch. I then use the "save for web and devices" mode to save the final cover as Folder.jpg This file is stored in each respective album folder with the individual cd tracks (which are all wave files). I don't recall ever seeing a final saved cover file larger than about 100kB.

I use mp3tag to embed the Folder.jpg file into each track as well before final conversion to .wav with dbpoweramp.

Like I said, I've never had any issues whatsoever with covers other than with JRemote.

Bill

pcstockton

« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »

Could you try removing either the embedded or folder.jpg of an album to see if it has any effect?  Maybe JRemote has a problem with both (unlikely, but trying to help).

-p
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

Hi Patrick,

I deleted Folder.jpg from one album folder. I confirmed it had been deleted in MC as well, although the cover still came up in MC because it was still embedded in the individual track files. I played the same song from the album using My River and JRemote. My River still showed the cover correctly in playing now. JRemote did not. All I see in JRemote is a big musical note.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth a try.

Bill

pcstockton

« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »

I am just trying to come up with "non-common elements" to explain the "non-common effects".

Can you think of ANYTHING else? 

It is very strange that art is working on other apps.  Obviously JRemote is handling album art differently.

I do know that JRemote has the best resolution of all of the apps out there, i.e. it seems JRemote either sends the full size thumb or does the least amount of downscaling.  Maybe the iPod has a limit?  iPhone/Pad dont seem to.  But the retina displays could play into that.

Do you have access to any other iOS devices to test?  I cant help but think it has something to do with the iPod.  If you could test a friend's iPhone (just login to the app store on their device and download JRemote), you could isolate the issue.

Art is working perfectly (and fast) on iPhone 4G and 3rd Gen iPad here.  Was at my buddy's house last night and his 4Gs and wife's iPad2 are working fine.  I dont think it is the app in general.  But it may be the App+iPod (of your gen).

Good luck.  These little things can be frustrating.  Luckily it doesn't affect the music!!!!!!!!!!!

-Patrick

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »

Hello again.  I must agree again with the others that this app rocks.  I love the new remote streaming and will most likely dump plug player.  Super job on the app!

I would like to get input on my previously posted issues. I am not sure it is me or not.  I have tried this on an iPhone 3g and iPad 2 and against 2 computers running JR. I have tried to remove the jremote app and reinstalled.  No luck.

I can open the app and get to my server.  If I choose Artist, Genre, or Composer it works ok and I can select as needed. 
If I select Album, it searches for several seconds then the app closes.  If I choose cancel before it crashes the app, I get a "Loading Media please wait" screen. There it sits.  I can choose the Audio button to go back a menu and not crash.  If I choose recent it appears to search like Album does.  If I choose cancel I get my list. If I choose Highly Rated, it crashes right away.

My second bug is when doing a search, you find your song and when you hold a finger to select it, it overwrites the current playlist, no option to add to playing now, etc. 

May I add another to my question list?  If you search, is there a way you can tell it to show track, then album, then others that it finds? Or select the order it shows the results? Is that a JRiver option?  For example, I searched for king.  The list was rather long and started with artist, then artist/album, but then it got into actors, composers, etc.  Way toward the bottom it finally showed me track options. For me I am searching usually for a song or artist so that would be nice to see first.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »

Concerning Global access: am I missing a trick with this? I setup my connection on my LAN and used the access key. It connected fine and entered all of my correct details - ip address, port (not the jr standard but the actual one I use) and global access ip. Cool. So I turn off my wireless and try to access over 3G and no go, "could not connect to the server" message.

I know the firewall and port forwarding is correct because I use library client to this same ip and port while working remote and it works.

Thoughts?

Pete

pcstockton

« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:41 am »

chirp,

delete the server and reconnect.  should solve your issues

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:18 am »

I have deleted the server a few times because I removed the program all together on each device.

Any other options?
Pete

pcstockton

« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2012, 10:17:35 am »

try connecting via IP not access key.  Use you actual IP not your local 192.168....

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2012, 11:34:23 am »

I created a new server and only used my public ip. Message " found your computer but authorization failed. Make sure all values are correct". I am sure my values are correct as I use the same on library server remotely.

Pete

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »

Just a quick update before I head out again. I removed my I'd and password and tried external access and it worked. So I put my password back on and tried again and failed. I then decided to restart the jr server. That did it. I now have it with my original pwd and external ip.

I then tried to change it to use my inside ip, and added my public ip to the global access line. Failed.  

So I guess I could make 2 entries, 1 remote and 1 internal. It seems odd.

Thanks
Pete

pcstockton

« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:48 pm »

I am not using my internal IP anywhere.  In fact the app only works remotely without it.  I have actual IP in "address" and "global" is blank.

I couldn't get it to work with local AND global.

See above on the last page.

AudioBob

« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2012, 11:55:53 pm »

Hi Lespaul.

Yes, a great app. I've been following the discussions here for sometime - and agree with the comments of praise.

I have one question - would it be possible to extend the timeout period when the app connects with a pc using WOL?

It takes a little longer than the current timeout period for my pc to wake and for the app to fully connect to jriver. Hence the pc wakes, but then I get a message saying "could not connect to ...........(my server)". Then I have to "Select a media server" and it connects.

I suspect that it is timing out too soon - maybe not. But of course if would be nice for it to WOL and connect to jriver all in the one operation  ;)

(this is all over wi-fi. I have not been able to get it to connect over 3G at this point).

Thanks,

Rob.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2012, 10:09:21 am »

I also found that you can stream uncompressed through the webservice ... Wav is supported already by iOS, so that should have most people covered.
This is great news!
I was already tempted to throw out everything streaming and buy another HTPC to feed my second receiver (not using it's build in DLNA and especially airplay abilities)... now I will wait ;)
Tested the new JRemote version and have to say: Great, it's getting close to perfection! Nice airplay integration!
I have already moved PlugPlayer to the folder with the other 20 useless buggy DLNA apps, guess I will delete them soon.
Somehow it's easier for me to listen to 128kbps for some time than to deal with general DLNA usability plagues :P

Like others mentioned, there are left some hiccups when changing zones and with the state of play/pause button.
With zone "This device", the track position slider is set wrong when playing VBR tracks (it may jump to the next track if a higher position is touched).
I would also like JRemote to remember the last selected zone somehow (I guess I will stay on "This device" for ever...).
Is there a chance for showing an airplay button on the right of the player bar (to select the airplay receiver from within the app)?

The next version will focus mainly on a better iPad interface.
I'm looking forward to that...
How about some "2/3 finger swipe gesture" to flip from library to playing now view and back?
Or from "library only view" to "library + playing now split view" to "playing now only view" and back?
Another wish: Moving and deleting tracks directly from within the playing now view.

Thanks for this app. Finally, my girlfriend is in the mood for using MC (well, in fact she loves using JRemote because MC is hidden... She never liked MC's complexity). And I'm having more fun exploring our library than ever before... Anyhow, JRiver should give you the WAF medal 2012 ;D

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

"I am just trying to come up with "non-common elements" to explain the "non-common effects"."

Hi Patrick,

Thanks again for your response. I really can't think of anything unique to my setup. Especially in light of the fact that covers display with no issues on every other application I've been using the same files with.

I guess for now I'll just have to accept that there is something not working correctly with JRemote. I remain convinced that it's a JRemote issue.

Thanks,

Bill

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »

Guys, thank you for the feedback regarding connecting to external IP adresses, I have made a few changes that may resolve the issue.

Also, I tracked down the problem with lasker98`s missing cover art. I can reproduce when I use the library from another computer.
Looks like the client is then unable to provide a full sized image, and will additionally throw an error.

This is actually a bug with MC, I have provided a work-around, but image will not be the hi-res version.

I am submitting the new version later today.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2012, 02:43:18 pm »

Just purchased JRemote for Ipad.  My Initial comments after 10 minutes of use.

1.  Is there a way to set the default player to THIS Player (i.e., the IPAD)  so that I do not have to change it everytime I load the pgm?  A setting for default player would be nice.

2.  I seem to be unanable to play and video media on the IPAD using JRemote.  Everytime I try to load a video stream, the app crashes.  Is there a setting I ined to change or is the APP not set up to stream video?

3.  When I tried to set up ratings vis the IPAD, it indicated that I needed to set up authentication on JRIver.  Tools > Options > Advanced.  It was missing the fact that it is in the MEDIA NETWORK section.  minor thing you might want to fix.

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »

hi Lespaul
today i update to v.2

what can I say

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
thanks, great job

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:52 am »

Lespaul,

Did you isolate the bug with the volume slider stopping working after some zone changes?

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:10 pm »

Is there a chance for showing an airplay button on the right of the player bar (to select the airplay receiver from within the app)?

Mmh, strange, a little while ago I used JRemote again and now it's showing the airplay button on the right when playing on "This device". It looks a little bit small compared to the rest, but it works... so forget about that :P

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2012, 08:38:42 am »

Daveman:
1. I added a setting to set the device as default player in the new version.
2. Only audio is supported in this version. I`m surprised that you were able to add videos to the playlist at all, so that must be a bug.
3. Thank you, I changed the text.

nickba:
Sorry, I completely forgot about that one. I will look into it.

The new version was submitted for review two days ago, hopefully it will be approved this week.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2012, 11:17:25 am »

Lespaul,

Thanks, please take a look at zone changes stopping working too, it may be the same bug as the volume command stopping working.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2012, 11:24:46 am »

Will video be an option?  To tell you the truth thaat is my primry need for the app.  Adding streaming video, if only for MP4 files, would be a great addition

I have tried which. Plays vido nicely on ipad. It has a large minus sigb before fiiles it cannot play and a plus sign for those it can. MP4 streaming is fast.   Take a look

All it is missing is transcoding which I can not get to worik. :(

Dave

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2012, 02:48:55 am »

Nickba, zone switching is fixed in the new version. That is, the zone was switched but name did not update.
I`m not sure if this fixes the volume.

daveman, video will be supported later. If i decide to only support mp4 that will be easy.

Regarding connecting externally. I have tested this extensively and am able to connect to the global address without having to do anything special. Also tested with and without authentication.

Those that are having problems, are you using the global IP address returned by MC or are you using anything else?

I should mention that port number is not added automatically to the global address, you need to enter that yourself.
Maybe that could be the issue for some.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:03 am »

lespaul - if it is easy, how about adding mp4 support sooner than later?

rjm

« Reply #377 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:44 am »

I have been switching my video library over to mp4 in anticipation on where you might end up. If you were to emulate Air Video and support other video formats I suspect more sales for you and JRiver.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2012, 10:25:58 am »

I've had lots of trouble with AirVideo barfing up on converting various different file types lately (actually, for the last year or so).  Of course, the last beta of the server application came out way back in November, and the last "stable" release was in September 2010.

It really doesn't like TS files from my HD-PVR anymore, which was one of the main things I used to use it for.

Anyone know if any of the competitors are seeing better development?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2012, 11:57:19 am »

Good day all,

Over the weekend I drilled a few holes and wired up my HTPC with cat5e.  I then moved all physically media to the Office and imported in MC there.  On the HTPC I simply load the "Office Library".  Everything is working.

Despite a few crashes and what sounded like a Boeing jet landing in my office (PC usage @ 100% for some reason), even video is now working.  Streaming 720p without issue. 

It is nice and quiet in the main listening room now with my super quiet ASRock with SSD.  (FYI, the computer boots twice as fast at 24 seconds WITHOUT 2 spinning external drives attached).

But I am now plagued with Lasker's problem.  When controlling the HTPC (with office library loaded), thumbs work both in Artist/Album views as well as the metadata screen view.  But the main screen wont show art.

When i am streaming to the device (directly from the Office server) all art is fine.

LesPaul, you said this is a big within MC.  Is there any way you could articulate this specific problem to the higher-ups within MC?  i would love full-rez art when controlling at home.

FYI, I have not bee able to isolate the problem entirely, but I have had a few total epic crashes of MC since I moved my physical drives.  You know, music starts skipping then program crashes.  Both times it happened when I opened JRemote, while music was already playing, and hit a button before the iPhone had fully reconnected to the Server.  Once it was "Next" and once it was the "Metadata" button.

Thanks again LesPaul!  Using your app for hours everyday.  So good.

Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:06 pm »

Thanks for the quick update LesPaul

I have been streaming 320 to my iPhone for the last few hours over 3G without a single drop.  Plugplayer NEVER could achieve this.  So good.

Zone labels are fixed, thanks!
Album art when playing from a sharing library is fixed.  I didn't yet notice the lower rez of your "work-around", but that only applies to using it as a remote at home (for me).

I have one request (yes they seem to never stop... sorry), would it be possible to move the "Default to This Device" zone setting into each server rather than globally?  The default zone for most users seems like it it might be dependent on which server they are using. 

For example, my "Office PC" server is on 24/7 and will be used for streaming to the device.  My HTPC server will only be used as a remote.

If you cant move the setting, can we maybe delete zones from servers? (unlikely)

Or maybe we could set a default zone within each server? (would make your new "play to Device" toggle obsolete)

You might already be working on this.  I just though I would mention what I found using it today.

Teeny tiny bugs:
1) It seems like the "This device" zone still autostarts when entering the zone.  For example, Play and album to "this device", press stop, go to another zone.  Upon re-entering "this Device" music will auto re-start.

2) Now playing on "This device" seems to be linked across servers.  Which is strange.  If I load Office server and play to "this device", then load another server, when I go into "this device" the Office music started playing.

Maybe #2 is only possible because all music is in office and I load my library on the HTPC.

Thanks again for such a killer app.

Cheers!
Patrick

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:59 pm »

Lespaul -

I got the new update.  Looks good, though I haven't been able to re-test it switching from 3G to WiFi and back yet.  I'll let you know what I find.

The new Play to this Device by default setting seems to work very well, and that will solve my problem for my Wife and my iPhone.  However, on my iPad I'd really prefer to have each server remember its own last used zone (that or for the default setting to be per-server, it doesn't matter which one really).  If you'd intended to add that, it doesn't seem to have worked.  So, if I switch from the default zone to "Play on this Device" and then play some stuff, it works fine.  But if the application exits (by being forced by me or by iOS), then it reverts back to the default zone.

Since I use my iPad as both a controller and as a "receiver" (but as I explained above, each server usually has one "primary" purpose), it would be very convenient for it to just remember whatever zone I used last.

For everything else though... This is looking great.  In fact, I think the best comment I can make is this one:

Before:

Click to embiggen.

After:

Click to embiggen.

(And let me tell ya, it isn't easy to get in that always-present dock row.  It isn't even easy to get on my home screen, much less the dock row.)

But, for good measure, I'll throw a review on iTunes too.  ;)

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2012, 05:31:55 am »

Superb app, getting better and better.

One major issue though, and it has been around from day one. Searching leads to an eternal pause with no results and audio/all files sits on a loading screen for a while and then crashes as well. I have a large audio library. Everything else works great. Was hoping the latest version would fix it, but nope...

I tried on a iPad 3 with 64 gb, on a iPhone 4 16gb and iPhone 3GS 8gb suspect it is a memory issue, or the app gets out of synch while trying to make sense out of this large amount of data.

It sucks not being able to search for a song. Still, this app deserves best of breed accolades.

rjm

« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »

Latest version is fantastic, thanks!

Now Playing does not seem to respect the "Light" Interface Color setting.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »

I installed the new update today. The cover art now seems to be showing correctly.

When I do a search for a song title, using "Search" button at bottom, I've found if there are multiple results with same song title, there is no way to drill down further to select the specific track I want to hear. Clicking the track name in this situation adds all the tracks with the same name to the playlist and starts playing the first one. Is there any way to drill down into the track results one more level to allow selecting the individual tracks by artist or album or both?

Thanks,

Bill

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

One major issue though, and it has been around from day one. Searching leads to an eternal pause with no results and audio/all files sits on a loading screen for a while and then crashes as well. I have a large audio library. Everything else works great. Was hoping the latest version would fix it, but nope...

I hadn't actually tested the searching.... Ever, I don't think.  I did today, since I saw your post.  I tested from both my iPhone 4, my wife's 4S, and my iPad 3.  It didn't crash on any of them.

However, the search results it returned were basically useless.  When I searched for a specific song title I know I had in my library, the results were all cluttered up with results of movies pulled from the movie metadata.  Simple word-searches effectively returned every single video file (with tags) in my Library, since they all have lots of descriptions and actor names and stuff like that.  I was looking for a song.

So... The searching certainly needs some work.  You need some way to filter the results.  If you're searching for a Movie, you need to be able to search only your movies (or songs or whatever).  And if you are searching for a phrase, it should "prioritize" exact matches of that phrase above other results.

pcstockton

« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2012, 06:08:09 pm »

It sucks not being able to search for a song. Still, this app deserves best of breed accolades.

Searching has always seemed to work well for me.

Whether it be an artist album or song name, I get returned results that you would expect.

For example.  Search "John Zorn"

I get an ARTIST header with selections below such as "John Zorn - Naked City", "John Zorn", "John Zorn's Masada".  I get an ALBUM ARTIST heading with similar. Then ALBUMS, COMPOSER, COMMENTS and lastly TRACKS.

For TRACKS, it only showed tracks with "John Zorn" in the track title, e.g. "John Zorn's Radio Hour" NOT all tracks by John Zorn.  I think it works very well.

Although I dont use it very often...  I will use it a bunch tonight and see if I experience any strange behavior.

Cheers!
Patrick

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2012, 06:17:19 pm »

Searching has always seemed to work well for me.

Do you have a bunch of tagged Video files in your library?

I need to test more, I only did a handful of searches, and maybe I was doing something wrong.  But it did seem useless for "normal use" to me with my Library.

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »

Perhaps the search crash has t do with library size? I have a lot of music. About 300 gb. Also not super audiophile quality, so the number of songs is really high.

Are there any other aspects, hard or software, to consider?

Currently, all I can do is create play lists on the pc. Or search through 5500 albums alphabetically. I would love to be able to browse through individual files, or search to find songs. It is always when I am trying to impress a friend with the coolness of the system that i get the question: do you have this or that song... - and then it crashes....

pcstockton

« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

300gb is nothing.  JRemote can handle that even if small bitrate MP3s.

-Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2012, 11:58:31 pm »

Do you have a bunch of tagged Video files in your library?

I need to test more, I only did a handful of searches, and maybe I was doing something wrong.  But it did seem useless for "normal use" to me with my Library.

A bunch?  Not really.  I have about 150 or so movies/shows/concerts.

If you are searching for videos I might see the issue as it brings up just about every possible tag.  But when searching for music the video tag are at the bottom so I never see them.  I get artist first then albums then track, then composer, etc... then vids.

-patrick

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #391 on: June 09, 2012, 10:59:08 am »

Hmm. So, what could possibly be causing this very persistent bug. I can not open the all audio files folder, it sits on loading and then crashes. I can not get any search result to show. I forgot to say that I have a 2 Tb limited movie collection as well. Trying to stream any video to the 'this device' zone crashes the app as well.

Where can I start trouble shooting?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #392 on: June 09, 2012, 12:03:16 pm »

Trying to stream any video to the 'this device' zone crashes the app as well.

Streaming video is not supported yet.

It might work if the file in question is already in an iOS friendly format.  I don't know, I haven't tried it.  This is something the developer plans to work on, but it would be nice if MC would handle the on-the-fly conversion internally.  As it is, the JRemote folks would have to write a Windows application/plugin for MC to do the transcoding.

Streaming support with on-the-fly transcoding would be handy for Gizmo too, so I suspect it is possible they'll work on this for MC18.  Jim seemed to indicate that mobile support will be a focus for the next year (in addition to a possible OSX version, which is very exciting).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #393 on: June 09, 2012, 12:05:46 pm »

I can not open the all audio files folder, it sits on loading and then crashes. I can not get any search result to show.

My guess is that something is odd with your Media Network view.

What do you have set up as far as custom views under Options > Media Network > Advanced?

That, or a bad tag in some particular files.

rjm

« Reply #394 on: June 09, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »

It might work if the file in question is already in an iOS friendly format.

I tried, it does not work. I hope the developer supports ISO friendly video as a first step. This will allow us to validate the idea with no effort from JRiver. And there is tons of mp4 available and tools to rip it so availability is not an issue.

Richee

• World Citizen
« Reply #395 on: June 09, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »

I would love to be able to shuffle from now playing screen.
Often want to play 5 or 6 specific albums and play them shuffled. No way
to do that now.
MediaCenter has shuffle remaining but easiest way I can see for JRemote is
to just put a shuffle button in playing now.

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »

Just in case someone else has this issue I was having: uninstall and reinstall JRmC 17 and delete 16, including media server  I think remnants of 16 or a bad install caused the issue. I deleted 16 entirely and then reinstalled 17 and now the files populate appropriately. Thanks to those who were thinking along. Glynor, your suggestion is what ultimately tipped me off on a difference between 16 and 17 in terms of tags and got me thinking the right way :-)

pcstockton

« Reply #397 on: June 11, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »

LesPaul,

For some unknown reason I am getting a fair amount of crashes now and "stream to device" stoppage.  My good friend who is using JRemote even more than I am is experiencing the same behaviors.

The crashes happen randomly but are always initiated immediately after tapping a button on the screen.  The app does not seem to crash otherwise.  The bummer with this crashing is that the "play to this device" playlist is deleted when this happens.  Obviously the fact that the playlist only resides on the iOS device is the reason for this.  But when putting together a playlist and the app crashes, it can get a little frustrating.

The playback stoppage also seems to happen randomly.  But it only seems to happen when the app is closed (but still running in the dock of course).  This mostly seems to occur when playing to a standard Zone, but does happen when playing "to this device".  It also seems to happen between songs.  When it happens mid-song, the app is usually still running and only requires a "play" or "next" command to resume.  But when it happens between tracks it seems like the app needs to reconnect to the server.

It almost seems like the app has a tough time if it loses connection to the server for a second.  It either stops playback or disconnects entirely.  At least in these cases it seems to keep the playlist intact.

Still loving the app of course.  Just trying to help.

Thanks!
Patrick

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2012, 07:46:12 am »

weird as usual the connection no longer worked after updating both MC and jremote but after manually adding the server I'm no longer allowed to make a connection.
i get the error

Code: [Select]
error
Could not connect to your computer make sure your computer is connected to a network

and after retrying

Code: [Select]
error
Found your computer but authentication failed. Make sure all values are correct

i changed the pasword  to "1" for both field for simplicity of testing but nothing changes

don't get what is wrong it makes no sense

this is using my local ip address   "192.168.1.XXX"

port is correct just tried it again with access key and that works just the ip address wont.
i double checked the ip address in the DHCP Clients List and it is still listed as the correct address (it has worked before)

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2012, 02:23:29 pm »

I also am still having the same crashes when I choose the Audio/Album option. The screen changes then blanks out and ends my session of jremote.  I can restart it and choose playlist or Audio/Artist and no issue. 

I read the above fix used by Visth.  I loaded MC17 on a computer that did not have MC on it. I told it first to only load some local files on it's hard drive into the library.  I could use Albums, no issue. I then imported more files from my shared/mapped drive but only 1-2 folders.  Albums came up ok on JRemote.  So I imported all of my files from the shared drive.  Once it finished (26,400 files) I tried Albums again and it crashed.

I also use a Smartlist and that crashes as well. This is on my regular computer that I have been using, not the previously mentioned test one.  My smartlist is setup as this:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=>24w -[Genre]=[AudioBook],[Cartoons],[Children],[Children'S],[Children's Music],[Christmas],[genre],[Good Question Music],[h],[Podcast],[Unknown],[],[Book],[Comedy],[Comedy//Spoken Word],[Home Recordings],[Instructional],[Sound Effects],[Pete'sBand] ~n=100.

So it should return 100 random not played in 6 months songs.  When i choose this in JRemote it starts then crashes.  no results shown.

Oddly enough in either of the above scenarios, I can choose my selection and once the next screen comes open that it is looking, I can choose cancel and get some sort of a list. 

Does that help?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up