INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding to playlist issue...  (Read 1435 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Adding to playlist issue...
« on: December 16, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

A lot of the time i will be making a playlist as i listen to it, so let's say there is 4 tracks in the playlist & while its playing track number 4 i drag another song into the playlist, when it gets to the end of track 4 it goes back to the beggining of track 1 rather than continuing onto the new track i just added

Im using the free trial of 16 so can't grumble too much, but is this a sorted problem in later versions?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Adding to playlist issue...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:32:45 pm »

Does it only happen if you drag the file while it plays the last few seconds of the last file?

Internally the program switches to the next file a few seconds before the end (for pre-buffering, cross-fading, etc.), so it's possible for corner cases like this to arise.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »

i can drag the last song (which gets missed out) about half way through the previous track & it still does it, it's not a last second thing or anything....

buffering is set to 6 seconds

just tried again and say i have 1 track in the playlist, playing... then i add one more... that first track will just keep on repeating, the playlist basically ignores new additions completely

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:13:25 pm »

Remember that the playing playlist is always "Playing Now" in Media Center.  So click Playing Now in the tree to see and manage the current playlist.

If you're editing a saved playlist, this doesn't automatically effect Playing Now (which is independent) in any way.  Media Center is a bit different than iTunes in this regard.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:13 pm »

Ah ok I wasnt going to playing now just using the playlist, like you say too used to I tunes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up