INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying/Organizing to Audio folder when Importing?  (Read 1423 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Copying/Organizing to Audio folder when Importing?
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:11:51 am »

When i open a new album/track, how can i make it so JRiver copies it/organizes it to my set Audio library?

I have set my Audio library location & also selected 'Automatically import files when played' and it imports them but doesn't copy/organize them into my music folder/audio library folder

I basically want the function that in iTunes that copied anything i played into my library folder & kept my music folder organized by artist/album

Thanks!

Chronic

• World Citizen
Re: Copying/Organizing to Audio folder when Importing?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 11:43:20 am »

I should add that i can do it all manually by highlighting the album tracks & going to Library Tools> Rename, Copy, Move Files and then 'copy and update database to new location' but i would like JRiver to do this manually whenever i open a new track, isit at all possible?

Another issue is that i can right click an audio track Library Tools>Update Library from Tags, but it doesn't update the original folder, like say i change a word to block capital letter in my Tags, then 'update library from tags' it updates the library name, even the directory name within JRiver, but it doesn't change the word to capital letters in my actual windows folder, although maybe the PC needs a reboot for the change to take effect... edit:reboot has no effect, the directory within JRiver still shows in capital letters, but when i go to the directory in windows the folder has not been modified with capital letters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up