INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I copy database/tag info from one HTPC to a second stand-alone HTPC?  (Read 1010 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I have one Server (17.0.050) sharing movies/music with several client machines throughout my house. Call this server "HTPC1".
Then I have another computer running the same MC software but setup as a "stand alone" because it has a TV capture card, so it can't be a client to HTPC1. Call this one HTPC2.
The stand-alone (HTPC2) imports (streams) all the movies and music from the server (HTPC1). All of the actual files (movies/music/images) are stored on drives in HTPC1.

I spent a lot of time downloading and tweaking cover art, views, and tv series "episode descriptions" on HTPC1. I don't want to do all the work again on HTPC2. How can I copy all the file info/tags/etc. from one computer to the other? Basically, I want both machines to have the same Library info and file/tag info - excep that HTPC2 has a Capture Card (and therefore its own TV Guide data so some of the TV related settings/views are different so it can't be an exact copy of HTPC1).

Also, Can I share the field "Watched" or "Last Played" data between computers in real time (auto updating) - so if I watch a TV episode on HTPC1 it would show the same Watched or Last pLayed "date" on HTPC2?
Can this be done? 
Thanks.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

I would do a library backup of HTPC1, load it on HTPC2, select all files and run "Rename, Move, Copy". Use the replace field to replace the local drive letter (e.g. C:\) with the network share path (eg //HTPC1/Music/).

CountryBumkin

Didn't seem to work. When I backup and install HTPC1 on HTPC2, HTPC2 becomes HTPC1, then I have to "load the Library" HTPC2 to get my TV Guide back, and I lose all of the updates/changes from HTPC1.
Or maybe I didn't do it right.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

Don't transfer the settings, just the library. You can deselect settings changes during library restore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up