INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date Field in Images -> Lightroom  (Read 1387 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Date Field in Images -> Lightroom
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:49:00 am »

I've scanned some old pictures and imported them to MC, and then entered a date in the stock date field.  Why, when I subsequently import them to Lightroom, does the date field there not show my entered date?  It shows the scanned date.  I've tried 'update tags from library' and still the same result.

Is there a way to get the "original" EXIF date field changed/updated in MC?

When I import a photo from LR into MC that already has a correct date, the MC date field is properly populated.  Why doesn't it work in reverse?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Date Field in Images -> Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:01 pm »

Bump.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:43 pm »

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

Thanks.  I guess the 1 paragraph in Marko's message tells me that MC can't edit EXIF dates, if I read it correctly.

Unfortunately, I want to organize all my scans/photos now, not "later", so I'm going to reverse directions and simply use the Lightroom dB for all my scan/photo querying and slideshows... I was using it for editing anyway.  The metadata handling there is actually much more powerful than I realized and the more I use it, the more comfortable I feel with it.  As Marko states, and as I've come to realize, the Image portion of MC is just not high on the totem pole of development focus right now. 

Cost me 7-10 days of lost effort  :( but it could have been a lot worse.

Pages: [1]   Go Up