INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - File list length restriction?  (Read 909 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo - File list length restriction?
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:11 am »

Gizmo - File list length restriction?

Is such a thing in place? Or is my phone perhaps running low on memory?

If I start in audio, and keep pressing "All" until I get to the file list level, the screen will go black, and after a few seconds, Gizmo returns to the login screen, auto loads the access key and drops me back at the home screen.

If this is desired behaviour to prevent file lists in excess of 10,000 tracks, that's OK, but, can anyone tell me, what the limit is? I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but my rudimentary searches were not able to bring it to the surface!

Also, could this situation be helped by giving access to the hide "All" option that we have available in theater view setup?

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gizmo - File list length restriction?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:38 am »

My guess is that it is running out of memory.  The limit for a process isn't that large, so showing a list of 100,000 files for example requires parsing too much MPL / XML. 

It would be nice if Gizmo handled this error condition with a message explaining what happened.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Gizmo - File list length restriction?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:16:05 am »

Cheers Matt.

I'm in 'power config' mode this afternoon, trying to get Gizmo views into optimum WAF shape before Christmas day! "Don't press there" never tends to go down well with her!! ;)

To be honest, such huge lists are pretty useless on a phone... I'll get the grey matter going and hopefully come up with a way to avoid the scenario altogether.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up