INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single Video repeats a few times and then MC freezes  (Read 1529 times)

suprdave

Single Video repeats a few times and then MC freezes
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:20:21 am »

Hi,

Love the product.  Exactly what we have been looking for.

Here's the problem:  Am testing a Sony Blu-Ray player as a rendering device using MC 16.0.181 to play to this device.

Went into Tools - Options - Media Network and enabled "Use Media Network to share...".

Under "Add or configure DLNA servers" I changed Generic to Sony BD/TV.

Configuration Complete.

I am generating video files from PowerPoint 2010 to WMV.  Add files to library.  Select one and play to Blu-ray Disc Player.

The file begins to play on the device, but I'd like it to repeat indefinitely.

Repeat Playing Now option does not work so I must select Repeat Current Item.

As expected, the file plays and repeats like it is supposed to... for a while.  Eventually, playback will stop, usually at the end of the file, and MC will be frozen, all controls unresponsive.

At that point, I am forced to kill the task and restart MC.  The time varies when this occurs.  Could be 10 minutes, could be 10 hours.  I have tried MC on an XP machine and a Win 7 machine with the exact same results.  I wondered if it was a problem with the Blu-ray player but am not required to touch it to resume video.  Shutting down and restarting MC is all it takes to get it going again.

I plan to use MC to control about 6 of these Blu-ray players but am stuck on the first one at this point.  I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Dave

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Single Video repeats a few times and then MC freezes
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:14:06 am »

Lets start with what's going on in the background when you try to play this file.

Since the source is in wmv, that means the video is being converted to mpeg2 on the fly to play to the BD player (if you are using the default DLNA server settings from the Sony BD/TV template).
The first play will be while the file is being converted. Subsequent plays (as long as you don't stop and restart MC) will be played from the cached converted file.

Are you pulling the file from the BD player with the remote or pushing it in MC to the BD player? Most Sony products don't show up as a zone in MC (they are not pushable, they are not DMR).
If you ARE pushing though, the repeat/stop logic is controlled by the repeat button to the right of the time slider (when the Sony BD zone is selected).
If you are PULLING from the player, the player controls the repeat logic. You'd need to look for a repeat option on the player.

As far as the freezing is concerned, you may want to try the MC 17 in trial mode since there was some end of track playback logic that was changed in 17.

suprdave

Re: Single Video repeats a few times and then MC freezes
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 12:02:10 pm »

Yes, the Sony BD shows up as a zone.  Play-to was a requirement for this project.  I will download the beta and see if it corrects the problem.
Stay tuned.
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up