INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks and renaming files  (Read 1436 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stacks and renaming files
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:59:19 am »

I've starting using the DSP effects of the Sync Handheld to apply replay gain to my portable files. As a result, I now have stacks on all my synced files.

I've found the stacks wiki page helpful in learning to organize my stacks, but I still have a few problems. The most frustrating issue is renaming files.

If I rename and move a collapsed stack, the top gets renamed and moved properly. The bottom stack file also gets moved, but retains the original name.

Is there a better way to handle this? Can I remove all the bottom stack files and have JRiver recreate them with the proper names?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Stacks and renaming files
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:50:58 pm »

The only way I have ever been able to successfully manage stacks when making changes that effect file name or location is to first expand all stacks, then make the change, then collapse the stacks again.

For example: If you find/replace a bunch of stacked files to fix their location, it fixes the top of the stack but none of the stacked items if the stacks are collapsed.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 06:58:56 am »

I finally got back to this. My plan is to expand my stacks and delete all the bottom stack files, rename the originals with a new filename scheme and then recreate the stacks by syncing to a handheld.

My biggest problem is how to select the bottom stack files for deletion; sorting by stack icon doesn't separate the top and bottom stack members.  I found that the Stack Tag field could be used to isolate converted files. However, thank to my early fumbling through the stack system, I have some non-stack files and even top stack files listed tagged as Conversions. I can sift through the conversions to find the errant files, but since it's a protected field I can't correct the problem without using a workaround.

Is there anyway to search for just non-top stack members?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 08:12:21 am »

Quote from: wig

Is there anyway to search for just non-top stack members?

-[Stack Top]=-1 [Stack Files]=[]
MT5FR

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:24:27 am »

Great

Part of my problem is that, due to renaming snafus, I have some instances where both the top and bottom stack member both have the same filepath.  Using those fields, It's now much easier to identify and fix these instances.

Pages: [1]   Go Up