INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source for album info? MC doesn't like Ryan Adams  (Read 820 times)

greenspoon

Source for album info? MC doesn't like Ryan Adams
« on: December 25, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »

because every single CD of his I try to rip, MC thinks it is a Bryan Adams album (with the title and album cover art being Ryan Adams).  It makes Bryan Adams folders.  Creates Brian Adams filenames.  All of which I either have to re-rip, or manually change everything in Windows explorer which is tedious.

I've figured out that if I say, have 3 Ryan Adams cds to rip to FLAC, the first one I put in will allow me to change the tag before it rips, but the 2nd and 3rd albums will automatically begin to rip when I put them in my HTPC.  

BTW:  First post, seems like a fine forum.  I've been using MC for about 4 months now, switched from iTunes when I got my HTPC.  

Thanks in advance.

Greenspoon

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Re: Source for album info? MC doesn't like Ryan Adams
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:45:47 am »

lol..maybe its a feature. I wonder what happpens with Justin Bieber CDs *grin*

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Source for album info? MC doesn't like Ryan Adams
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 11:11:44 am »

No reason to re-rip.  Here's what you might do:

1) Insert one of the CDs and go to Drives & Devices view, selecting the CD entry.  Correct the Artist entry for all tracks.  This can be done in one operation.  Also be sure the other info is correct for Genre, Album, Date, and track Names.  When correct, right click the CD under Drives & Devices and Submit to Online Database (YADB).  Now, you (and others) should be able to Update from Online Database and see your version of the CD info.

2) Go to some Audio view such as Albums.  Select the album, and open the Files list.  Open the Action Window > Tag, and either with no tracks selected, or all tracks selected for that album, click Artist to correct the Artist tag.  It is possible your tracks have an Album artist, but you can clear this field if Artist is the same for all tracks.  Now your album and track data is correct for this album.

3) Select all the tracks for the album, and right-click and select Library Tools > Rename, Move & Copy files, and select the Directories and Filename rules area.  Ensure the Base path is correct and set a directory rule template that describes your directory naming rules, and a file naming rules that describes your track names.  Examine the preview to be sure this is what you want.

As an alternative to 3, if only your directory names contain the incorrect "Bryan Adams" (and not the track names), you can simply rename the directory in Windows Explorer, and then have MC re-run Auto-Import (Tools > Import... > Run Auto-Import) and it will fix its database to correct for the change in directory locations.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up