INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with files determined to be bad ...  (Read 1216 times)

wildcatknh

• Recent member
Help with files determined to be bad ...
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:42 pm »

Please have a bit of patience with me, I'm totally new to J River.  I need some help and don't know where to look.

I ran the trial version for a while and liked it enough to purchase the full version and now am using MC17.  All I am currently using MC17 for is to manage my MP3 library and sync with my iPod.  While running the trial version, everything worked and synced perfectly.  For the first couple of weeks using the licensed MC17, everything also worked perfectly.

Then, a couple of days ago, I got the message "Skipped files previously determined to be bad" when syncing my iPod.  It skipped almost 700 files ... all files that have been in my library and syncing perfectly since first installing the trial version.  I've tried manually importing them and the auto-import feature and it skips the files every time.  The files have not changed and play perfectly when played outside of MC17.

Can someone help me figure out how to get these files back in my MC17 library?

Thanks in advance.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Help with files determined to be bad ...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:35 pm »

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
Re: Help with files determined to be bad ...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 06:22:09 pm »

Thanks for the response.

In one of those threads, a poster mentioned re-naming the folder containing the files to get MC to import them.  I tried that and it worked ... but I'm too anal to have to name my folders something different to get the files to import, so I changed it back.  That made me think about just restoring the database from a previous backup.  (Luckily I had backed up the database before registering the full version of MC17.) 

That did the trick.  So there was nothing wrong with the files 'determined to be bad' ... it must have been something corrupt in the database.

So, all files now present and accounted for and an important lesson learned.  Next time before any kind of sync or major change, I will make sure that I back everything up.  Just in case.

Thanks again for the quick response.

HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR
Pages: [1]   Go Up