INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media tree search enhancement  (Read 1186 times)

billg

• Recent member
Media tree search enhancement
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:41:10 pm »

Wasnt sure how to name this topic.

When you want to find an artist (or allbum etc) in the media tree - you click on any atrist and press the letter that starts the artists name (eg S for Santana). Then you always have to page down to see the artists that start with "S".

But in MediaMonkey you don't have to page down as the "S" artists are displayed. This is a feature Ive only seen in MediaMonkey but it saves a zillion pagedowns over a lifetime.
Please copy this feature!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media tree search enhancement
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

I'm not sure what you mean.  If I click on Artists in the tree,  then type S, I'm taken to the first artist that begins with S.

There is also a search window in the upper right corner.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:18 pm »

I'll second this.

The issue is where the selection is placed after using type-select in the tree.  MC places the selection at the bottom of the visible list.  It would be better to place the selection mid-span in the tree list, so that you can see items above and below your selection.  If you know you want something that starts with "La", type-select brings you there, but you always need to hit Page Down to see additional "La" items.

See images.  MC does what's shown in the first.  The request is to instead do what's shown in the second.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »

Yes but putting the first artist that starts with "S" to the top of the page is better than midway IMO.

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:49 pm »

Just posting to keep this topic current.
How about it you guys. Its a small thing but would make MC so much nicer to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up