INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo theatre view remote problem  (Read 1347 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo theatre view remote problem
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:54 pm »

Okay, since I've asked about this twice in the Gizmo 2 thread without even a comment, I'm trying in a separate thread.

Here's a scenario:

I'm watching a movie and using the theatre view remote control mode of Gizmo. In display view, I use the arrows to scroll through subtitle options and what not. Then I get a call, write an SMS or do something else with my phone. Then I switch to Gizmo again. Herein lies the problem: The enter button is now gone! To make it work, I have to press the green button in the middle one time first before it changes to the enter button, and this stops the movie and enters theatre view! What's up with that? Can't there always be an enter button in the middle and another button for changing views? There's more than enough space for that, even on my tiny Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini with 320x240 resolution!

Please have a look at this issue.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gizmo theatre view remote problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 04:57:17 am »

Least the arrow keys do something for you. :). i find it ddifficult to make them do anything when trying to navigate. it does seem to do something while the displaking a movie. is this just a problem at my end?  do there find the remote works withoutbhickups?

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 09:40:23 am »

Well, after installing the latest version, the arrows don't work in Theater view anymore. Using the arrow keys on my keyboard works, and after starting play the arrows in Gizmo work in display mode. Strange.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 03:56:41 pm »

I too am seeing this (erroneous) behaviour.

drock512

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 11:30:17 am »

Well, after installing the latest version, the arrows don't work in Theater view anymore. Using the arrow keys on my keyboard works, and after starting play the arrows in Gizmo work in display mode. Strange.
I am also seeing this problem, as well. Updating, uninstalling and re-installing Gizmo does not help at all. It seems any build after 17.0.38 has this issue. Does anyone know of a solution or if it will be fixed in future builds?
Pages: [1]   Go Up